• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&DI Character Builder Beta

James McMurray

First Post
Also, you'll need to connect periodically to receive updates. IIRC the projected schedule is one update a month, at the same time as the compendium gets updated.

Elsidar

Explorer
Does whatever NDA prevent people from posting screenshots of the Character Sheet the app produces? I'm interested to see how it looks.

James McMurray

First Post
The character sheet is already a lot more customizable than I ever expected it to be. I don't expect them to do much more work in that area, nor would I want them to. They should spend their resources on internal stuff that can't be easily replicated by the fan base.

Nytmare

David Jose
I don't expect them to do much more work in that area, nor would I want them to.

One of the things that Randy Buehler himself said they were trying to do was to tap the talents and resources of the community through fan created content in this very way. Granted they didn't go out of their way to try to stop people from being able to modify things, but as of Beta, there's no existing way in-program to do this. There should be a way for someone who doesn't know how to do xml markup to have more layout control than what is provided.

I like the program, I'm happy with the format and methodology of the character creating process, but the end result (which in my opinion is the main reason why this program exists) is not what I was lead to believe we were getting.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads