D&D's Going To The Barrier Peaks

"In prior community polls, we’ve asked for your thoughts on elemental trinkets, things carried in a giant’s bag, and unusual lich phylacteries." In other words, "we've asked you for your thoughts on previously upcoming adventures (PotA, SKT, and ToA)." The question is, will the forthcoming book be a compilation of classic modules a la Tales from the Yawning Portal or a fleshed-out...

"In prior community polls, we’ve asked for your thoughts on elemental trinkets, things carried in a giant’s bag, and unusual lich phylacteries."

In other words, "we've asked you for your thoughts on previously upcoming adventures (PotA, SKT, and ToA)."

The question is, will the forthcoming book be a compilation of classic modules a la Tales from the Yawning Portal or a fleshed-out, updated version of a classic module a la Curse of Strahd?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'm surprised they didn't mash it together with DA 3: City of the Gods and transplant it to some corner of the Forgotten Realms.... :hmm:

Throw in Spelljamming and Gates to Firestorm Peak, and I think that would be a fair guess at a future product.

ddaley

Explorer
Will this be for 5e? If so, I'll probably pick it up. I still have the original. Not sure we ever actually played it though.

I'm surprised they didn't mash it together with DA 3: City of the Gods and transplant it to some corner of the Forgotten Realms.... :hmm:

And don't leave out The Temple of the Frog from Blackmoor. It had laser pistols etc. and a crewman from the crashed ship / City of the Gods...

barasawa

Explorer
Barrier Peaks was always one of my favorites.

First time I encountered it I was a player and hadn't seen the module.
My character ended leaving there with a few toys, including a laser rifle he kept over his shoulder with the targeting goggles on so he had a constant rearview when like that. Great for messing with backstabbing ambushes from behind. ;)

The DM also let us hire a very skilled and knowledgeable sage to try and duplicate the powercells. He got almost all of the ones we left with, and paid him a small dragons hoard worth of treasure, but eventually he figured something out and enchanted a few spent cells with shocking grasp so they worked and didn't run out.
All things considered, it was pretty much the equivalent of magical treasure we could already get our hands on, so it wasn't monte haul or anything.

Remove ads

Remove ads