• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D20 CoC] Mountains of Madness - Chap 4: Departure; Recruiting Alternate Players

Job

First Post
OnlytheStrong said:
"Doctor, I would assume burn victims as well as shrapnel wounds will be coming to us soon. I do hate scrubbing off the burned skin...." Wade makes sure he knows where all the equipment is and that it is all sterile.
Enke and Olav shuffled quickly into the medical cabin carrying Martin LeBlanc on a wooden pallet. "Doktor! Kvikt doktor!" yelled Olav. They gingerly laid the pallet on the floor next to the treatment table.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job (the tortured one).

Last edited:

Job

First Post
Drowned Hero said:
Looks stunned at the bodies carried onboard and tries to help as he can.
Who is this man? Must be a later recruitment that has not been presented properly to the rest of us. George takes vital sing on the four bodies just carried onboard.
As George leaned over the first body, he found the smell of burned flesh overpowering. The deckhand's eyelids, nose and cheek appeared to be strangely sagging and a large patch of his hair was burned away. As he touched the man's kneck to find a pulse, the skin split and slid away to reveal the red muscle beneath.

George gagged.

[sblock=George's response]Drowned Hero, please make a fortitude save for George to avoid becoming too sick to continue your inspection.[/sblock]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job (the tortured one).

Job

First Post
OnlytheStrong said:
Wade rushes over to the injured man. He helps them carefully put the man onto the treatment table. He looks over the man's injuries quickly, mentally taking note of which of his injuries were the most deadly. Once he determines where to start, he begins his precise work on the man.

Wade's heal check for Martin (1d20+13=23)
Dr. Watkins quickly examined Martin and determined that he had sustained a moderate concussion in addition to 2nd degree burns along his back and neck. Camille's quick action had prevented damage to his face and scalp. His pulse was a bit high, but stable, and his breathing was normal (indicating no damage to his lungs).

While Martin was unconscious, Dr. Watkins cleaned, treated and wrapped his burns. He placed a collar on Martin's neck and moved him to one of the facility's three medical cots, then gave him a half-dose of morphine to help him sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job (the tortured one).

Morpheus

Exploring Ptolus
Job said:
Dr. Watkins quickly examined Martin and determined that he had sustained a moderate concussion in addition to 2nd degree burns along his back and neck. Camille's quick action had prevented damage to his face and scalp. His pulse was a bit high, but stable, and his breathing was normal (indicating no damage to his lungs).

While Martin was unconscious, Dr. Watkins cleaned, treated and wrapped his burns. He placed a collar on Martin's neck and moved him to one of the facility's three medical cots, then gave him a half-dose of morphine to help him sleep.

Job (the tortured one).

Ouch...

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Job said:

Job (the tortured one).

"He's lucky. I would assume from the sound of the blast that he wounds could of been much, much worse. He will be up and around in a couple of days, but his burns will take weeks to heal." He really didn't know if anyone was listening, he had simply become accustomed to talking about the injuries with students, nurses, or other doctors after treatment. "Doctor, if he wakes up in pain, which I can assure you he will, please give him another small dose of pain killer or a sedative. I will see what this man's chores where on the ship. I am doubtful that his burns will allow him to make much progress in the way of work." Wade turns to the men that carried the patient to him, "Is anyone else injured?"

Job

First Post
Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:
Prof Moore, It's my pleasure.
Father Rucker shakes his hand
But help is needed around so questions will be answer later, are you alright?
Seeing the Prof's squinting.
Father Rucker looks around for Moore's glasses
Professor Moore stood silently while shaking Father Rucker's hand, then asked, "I know you, don't I? Pardon me but I'm blind as the proverbial bat without my glasses. Your voice..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job (the tortured one).

Father Rucker

Job said:
Professor Moore stood silently while shaking Father Rucker's hand, then asked, "I know you, don't I? Pardon me but I'm blind as the proverbial bat without my glasses. Your voice..."

Oh..pardon me Prof. it's me Dr. Rucker Your old Harvard friend.
Let me help you and be a guiding hand

Job

First Post
Job said:
As George leaned over the first body, he found the smell of burned flesh overpowering. The deckhand's eyelids, nose and cheek appeared to be strangely sagging and a large patch of his hair was burned away. As he touched the man's kneck to find a pulse, the skin split and slid away to reveal the red muscle beneath.

George gagged.

[sblock=George's response]
Drowned Hero, please make a fortitude save for George to avoid becoming too sick to continue your inspection. [/sblock]
Drowned Hero said:
George was able to fight back his nausea and continue on. He probed the neck of the first deckhand, sliding his fingers between the exposed muscles seeking a pulse--and then deeper. There was nothing.

He moved to the second body and immediately saw that the individual was far beyond help, a red swollen tongue lolling from between blackened lips and a single staring eye.

The third was moaning and having difficulty breathing, occasionally hitching and emitting a queer clucking sound. He clutched at George's arm with a fearful look in his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job (the tortured one).

Last edited:

Remove ads