[D20 CoC] Mountains of Madness - Chap 4: Departure; Recruiting Alternate Players

Job

First Post
As the U.S.S. Gabrielle's stern cleared the burning dock, two tugboats could be seen approaching to help her.

After a second sweep of the deck with the fire hose to extinguish a few remaining flickerings, James Starkweather signaled to shut the water down.

A loud series of cracks and poppings erupted from the dock and reverberated across the harbor, then a large section of the pier shed roof collapsed in a shower of sparks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job (the tortured one).

Last edited:

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Drowned Hero[COLOR=Purple said:
'I NEED A DOCTOR OVER HERE! FAST FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!'[/COLOR] he screams so loud as possible to fetch the attention of the other persons in the area.

Wade hears the scream and rushes over to the man. Even for the experienced ER doctor, the sight was shocking. He hurrys and attends to the injured.

Heal check (1d20+13=33)

Job

First Post
OnlytheStrong said:
Wade hears the scream and rushes over to the man. Even for the experienced ER doctor, the sight was shocking. He hurrys and attends to the injured.

Heal check (1d20+13=33)
Silently to himself, Wade quickly inventoried the man's injuries:

- third degree burns visible across face and neck;
- severe blistering within the man's mouth and tongue, bloody foam flowing from the man's nose and up his throat as he breathed; rattling, bubbling breath; likely critical lung damage from the explosions and fire;
- Wade peeled back the man's burned shirt and saw multiple contusions and cuts, likely from flying debris;
- a 2-inch puncture in the man's chest wall, bleeding profusely, with no visible item protruding from it. It was either from a flying glass shard, or large wood splinter that the man pulled free...
...or a knife wound? Wade quickly pressed his hand to the open wound to temporarily staunch the bleeding.

The man had little time left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job (the tortured one).

Last edited:

Job said:
He looked down at his saturated papers and clipboard, then across the main deck towards the docks, watching the rising smoke and fire crews jumping from their pumpers and hurrying to battle the blaze. "...but Miskatonic University is far away, my friend."

Indeed, but leave this to a cup of tea … now you and others need help.

Rucker will guide him to a safe place and then he will go to see if he can help other who needs it.

*Heal +3

Job

First Post
OnlytheStrong said:
"Get help now. He needs to get to the hospital now." Wade knew his words were lacking, this man would never make if off the ship.
Enke and Olav responded quickly to Wade's request, bringing a pallet with them and placing it next to the suffering man, but then stopped to stare at Dr. Watkins, eventually saying, "Doktor? Bring this man to the ship's hospital? Yes?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job (the tortured one).

Job

First Post
Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:
Indeed, but leave this to a cup of tea … now you and others need help.
Father Rucker's comment jolted the professor back from his reverie to focus on the problems at hand. He grabbed Father Rucker's arm, pointed at the deck, and said, "Yes professor Rucker, you are quite right about my need for help. Do you see my eyeglasses anywhere?"

A brief search of the deck area near the main gangway turned up nothing.

Moore rubbed his forehead and said, "Well, I'll be back in few minutes after I retrieve my spare set. Thank you for your help, professor, and since it appears that you won't be disembarking any time soon, please seek me out once we've addressed our more pressing concerns." He turned away and slowly walked towards the aftercastle stairway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job (the tortured one).

Job

First Post
OnlytheStrong said:
"Yes, until we can call an ambulance."
The two men carefully lifted the man, but the movement caused him to groan loudly and then fall silent. They gently placed him on the litter and picked it up, but looked nervously at Dr. Watkins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job (the tortured one).

Remove ads