• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D20 future setting?

Morgenstern

First Post
exile said:
Morgenstern,
I like what you have posted so far...A LOT. What is the title of the product you posted the excerpts from?

Farthest Star: The Promise. I'm hoping to follow up shortly with Fathest Star: The Expanse and a couple of tech books.

When do you think it will be available? Print or PDF?

I'd love to say July, but August is probably a better bet :). I want it done before I head out to GenCon. It would be handy to have it printed out while I'm running demos there :p.

Can you tell us more about the thralls that were mentioned briefly?

*chuckle* that one little offhanded comment does seem to get people's attention :p.

Thralls are some of the Solano society's best, most prestigious workers. Highly skilled factors may enter into contracts to have their personality supressed, overlaid with an artificial personna that is a tireless, cheerful, uncomplaining worker who has all the skills of that factor at its disposal. Penalty clauses in the contract level massive fines for the missuse or misstreatment of the thrall, who becomes the -perfect- employee for a specified period. During that time, the thrall is protected as an asset/property of the contract holder (and the Solano are very big on property rights...). The factor essentially goes to sleep for up to a year, and wakes up with a Very Large Check - ussually followed living the Really Good life for a couple of months before entering into another contract. Younger factors who take to this lifestyle reinvest in themselves, using the payout to arrange better schooling and skills, which they bring to the bargaining table for their next job . It also takes some population pressure off the system - thralls don't object to even the most spartan accommodations.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads