• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

d20 Modern Branch?

Friadoc

Explorer
So, as I was getting ready for my Friday night group, it hit me that I have yet to hear any mention, discussion, or comment on how the new rules and their d20/OGl will impact the d20 Modern Branch/Line.

Has anyone, as of yet, heard anything, seen anything, or asked anything?

Heck, if I was WotC I would be wondering the same thing, at least if no one has asked or commented, and are thinking "does anyone care".

So, if anyone has seen some comments, which I could easily see my addled mind missing, please direct me to them.

Also, if there hasn't been any and there is anyone at GenCon in a position to ask someone, or answer it, please do share.

Thanks,

Last edited:

Scribble

First Post
I was wondering about this yesterday...

No one seemed to want to reply to my post.. :p

The release schedule for all the d20 Modern lines seems to have slowed down... maybe they're anticipating a new release based on the new mechanics in the 4e?

Or just being dropped...

Sammael

Adventurer
I think we may see d20 Modern as one of the annual "setting" books, perhaps released in 2009 or 2010. I think its mechanics will be identical to D&D 4E, with perhaps the addition of appropriate modern skills (Drive, etc).

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Sammael said:
I think we may see d20 Modern as one of the annual "setting" books, perhaps released in 2009 or 2010. I think its mechanics will be identical to D&D 4E, with perhaps the addition of appropriate modern skills (Drive, etc).
It'd be nice if all the Urban Arcana spells functioned identically to D&D spells.

The_Gneech

Explorer
I'd love to see more d20 Modern stuff, myself ... but to be perfectly honest I was astounded that they put out as much as they did. "Not fantasy" is a trivial market in the RPG universe, and I would expect WotC to pretty much ignore it.

I'm glad they didn't ... but I'm also unable to account for it.

Still, if they do "Modern 2.0" I expect it will look a lot like SWSE / 4E, yes. Which would be cool, 'cause then maybe I'd get around to that "Crimson Skies" conversion...

-The Gneech :cool:

Remove ads