Tell Me Of... The Tingleverse RPG

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
For those who are unaware, there is a role-playing game for the Expanded Chuck Tingle Universe (clicking the photo will take you to the Amazon product page):

I haven't played this yet, but I'm curious if anyone has, and if so, what your experience was like. Are there interesting mechanics? Any cool things those of us out-of-the-loop should know about? Please chime in with experiences, opinions, snide comments, analyses, and so on; just avoid edition warring -- I don't want to hear about how The Tingleverse RPG 1st edition was so much better than the current one...

niklinna

satisfied?
Also, what do they have mechanics for?
If you have to ask....

I would provide quotations, or a link to some Chuck Tingle works, but not a one of them would meet with Eric's Grandma's approval.

Update: It would appear Dr. Tingle has branched out quite a bit from the last time I heard about him! There's a quite substantial review on the amazon page that provides goodly detail. Eric's Grandma might even approve. :)

Last edited:

Mine looks a little different.

Attachments

• Googlyverse.jpg
    Googlyverse.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
All buckaroos know that a game is only as good as its bestiary ....

1686754169775.png

This monster guide was designed to bring detail and depth to your Tingleverse game with the addition of 101 new creatures that vary greatly, each with their own unique set of traits, motivations and challenges.

Featuring beasts from the depths of the endless cosmic void, like the abyssaloom (a massive, planet-like entity that bends the minds of all who gaze upon it), or voidal clowns (warped jesters driven mad after an eternity in the overwhelming darkness of The Void). Even entities as powerful as The Cosmic One make an appearance (a superhero alien who crash-landed as a child in Kansas on some timelines, but ended up raised in The Void and turning to a path of doom and destruction in The Tingleverse).

Also collected within are several monsters of American folklore, like hodags, hoop snakes, mothmen, blue oxen, sinkhole sammies and lovelanders.

Even strange entitles from distant timelines of reality can be found within this fiendish tome, strange and bizarre beasts like leecheetahs, moneybees, and slamwiches.

One thing’s for sure, you’ll have no problem embarking on the adventure of a lifetime with these foes and friends waiting for you in The Tingleverse!

Beware the slamwich!

Remove ads