• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D20:Modern. Dark City Explorers Company. [OOC/Full]

Tanstaafl

First Post
D20:Modern; Adventurers, Inc.

The setting is North America; about 600 years after the end of the world. There was an apocalyptic battle involving nuclear and biological weapons; followed by a series of natural disasters that have altered the face of the planet. Civilization as we know it ceased to exist; humanity hung on by a very slim thread and is just now starting to move back onto the surface of their world. The massive amounts of radiation has caused a number of mutations; ‘true humans’ are now in a minority, with altered humans making up the majority of the population {meta-game; elves, dwarves, halflings, gnomes, orcs, goblins, ect.}.

PCs would begin the game working for Ms. Eliza Bloome, a scientist in Heolstor City. She is forming a team of explorers to search for artifacts of a former civilization. She was injured on a recent quest and is now confined to a wheelchair; the rest of her team, including a husband and a son, did not survive the mission.

Players would receive some supplies from Ms. Bloome, and use the Wealth system for acquiring additional gear. All equipment will be available at the start of the game, but most technologically advanced items, including handguns, rifles, and ammunition, will not be easy to find/repair/ect. once the game begins.

Ability scores selected by a 36 point buy system, second level characters.
Non-human races allowed {I’ll give permission on a case-by-case method}.
Everyone begins the game with the Archaic Weapon Proficiency Feat for free.
Max hit points at first two levels (I’ll give the option of having me roll or taking the average at additional levels).

Attachments

• template.doc
    20 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

Douane

First Post
Curses on you! :D (Another game on the already too long list of those I'd like to join.)

A Fallout-style game; I'm almost drooling. :) Just recently had a look at a friend's collection of "Darwin's World" pdfs, because I really like the genre.

So, I'd very interested in playing, but I don't want to hog the GM ;). If there are too many applicants, I'll step back.

Folkert

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
Like Douane, count me in as interested, but I'll step back to let other players in if you get a lot of demand for playing spaces.

Tanstaafl

First Post
I'm looking for about six players, I'll make a more definite decision after a day or two - when I have a better idea of the interest level for this game.

Mordane76

First Post
I'm interested as well, but I have a few questions...

What books are we allowed to use when making characters?

Are there any options and powers we're restricted from choosing or progressing towards?

When you say non-human races, and then say there aren't many true humans... umm... Which races can we use without asking? Which races do you have in mind that we need to ask you about?

Orochi

First Post
Count me as interested as well. I've been toying with trying to run something Fallout-like, but playing's just as good, if not better.

Rough concept is a bounty hunter type character, if that's appropriate. A preacher who saves the sinners he can and sends the rest to Satan a few years ahead of schedule.

Radiant

First Post
I would be interested, have a concept for a scout and loot-collector i created for waste world a while ago lying around here.

Tanstaafl

First Post
Mordane76 said:
What books are we allowed to use when making characters? [/B]

A: I'd prefer you to just use the d20:Modern core rule book but may allow things from other books if you have a very good reason for including the Race/Feat/Item/ect in your characater.

Mordane76 said:
Are there any options and powers we're restricted from choosing or progressing towards? [/B]

A: Anything in the book is okay.

Mordane76 said:
When you say non-human races, and then say there aren't many true humans... umm... Which races can we use without asking? Which races do you have in mind that we need to ask you about? [/B]

A: Sorry that was unclear, the populatoin of Heolstor City (starting location of the game) is mainly made up of unmutated humans. If you want to play a non-human character it will probably be okay, I just want you to run it by me first. FYI, in and arround Heolstor there is some prejudice against mutated humans and a lot of resentment (by mutated humans) toward 'true humans.' As you get further into the wild-lands this predjudice all but dissapears and individuals are judged by their words and deeds instead of the exterior of their bodies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads