• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D20 Modern or Spycraft II?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Jim, Heap -- it's okay to disagree, guys. Just don't take offense at the fact that you don't agree, and don't let light-hearted bantering turn into an argument. Sometimes people forget, but we're friends here. :D

AscentStudios

First Post
2WS_Steve said:
I think I'd be happy to forego the reputation and just take the $250k net worth :)

Hah! Touche. Only problem is, you can only spend it in $50k chunks. So make sure that new pair of Levi's and copy of Deadlands Reloaded is worth it... ;)

Morgenstern

First Post
...and it's all in IRA acounts to set you up when you retire - there is a substantial penalty for early withdrawl.

It does however put it in perspective that the kinds of fees freelance characters charge means the really don't screw around picking up every loose bullet and going through the badguy's pockets for their wallets all the time - doing the job well is worth way more than cashing in the enemy's empties :p.

HeapThaumaturgist

First Post
AscentStudios said:
Cool! I got name dropped by Psion! Now I'll have to say, "Spycraft can still do low level movie superspy action, no matter what Alan Kohler thinks!" :D

RE: The issue of flexibility of d20M vs. Spycraft 2.0

You write it, I'll buy it.

You do enough work taking all the stuff I like from d20Modern and making it easy for me to use in SC2.0, they might get a convert.

Or, at least, a Frankenstein Monster not unlike the intricate meshings of Catholic Christianity and traditional African religious faiths that is Voudon.

RPG Houngan ... dat's me.

--fje

Morgenstern said:
Professional Driver - Closed Course is the name of a single feat, not me leaving out an arrow between two feats :). It's the little message you see at the bottom of car commercials when they are out doing their immaculately perfect stunts that you really shouldn't try at home :p.
I should have noticed the difference between "-" and "->" - but in Germany, we don't have such kind of disclaimers on commercials. (Either we don't have the spot itself, or it is assumed that no sane German would do that to his car :) )

TheAuldGrump said:
As for magic - I am working on converting E.N. Publishing's Elements of Magic: Mythic Earth to Spycraft, and not finding it all that hard.

The Auld Grump

[jedi mind trick] And you will post this work when you're done [/jedi mind trick]

AscentStudios said:
RE: The issue of flexibility of d20M vs. Spycraft 2.0

From my desktop:

>snip<

While it may not be for everybody, this project certainly will offer those looking for looser class structure (and, I like to think, some cool new takes on the Modern SRD's concepts) the ability to use Spycraft all they like :cool:

And I've been waiting increasingly impatiently for this project. Any idea as to when I will be able to pay you good money for it?

AscentStudios

First Post
Sorcica said:
And I've been waiting increasingly impatiently for this project. Any idea as to when I will be able to pay you good money for it?

I'm finishing up the first draft now. After that, it's into the layout, editing, and playtesting queue, then off to market. So I'm thinking sometime in July?

The Shaman

First Post
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
... in Germany, we don't have such kind of disclaimers on commercials. (Either we don't have the spot itself, or it is assumed that no sane German would do that to his car :) )
In the United States, there is no presumption of sanity. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads