d20 Modern Questions

Ranger REG

Explorer
Warlord Ralts said:
Why is bustfire a seperate feat from advanced firearms prof?
*Shrugs* I just merged them into one feat as WotC merged 3.0e Ambidexterity with TWF to make one 3.5e/d20 Modern TWF feat.

That little ditty didn't make me think d20 Modern is completely broken.

Dross Swordra

First Post
d20 modern products

I am tempted to break into the d20 modern world, but I am unsure what the "core" products are. I checked WotC, but the products link is bad. Could anybody enlighten me?

Thanks

-Dross

HeapThaumaturgist

First Post
Dross Swordra said:
I am tempted to break into the d20 modern world, but I am unsure what the "core" products are. I checked WotC, but the products link is bad. Could anybody enlighten me?

Thanks

-Dross

D20Modern has only one "core" product, the d20Modern Core Book. It's a PHB, DMG, and MM all rolled into one. Beyond that it's all add ons. :) Now, how core those are depends entirely on what kind of game you want to play.

--fje

Greg K

Legend
Dross Swordra said:

Thanks

-Dross

d20 Modern, but, IMO, the following should be core as well:

1. Blood and Fists (RPGObjects)
2. Elements of Magic: Mythic Earth (EnWorld)
3. Psychic's Handbook (Green Ronin)

Committed Hero

Adventurer
HeapThaumaturgist said:
D20Modern has only one "core" product, the d20Modern Core Book. It's a PHB, DMG, and MM all rolled into one. Beyond that it's all add ons. :) Now, how core those are depends entirely on what kind of game you want to play.
A lot of people like the Modern Players Companions from the Game Mechanics; some of the earliest products done under the Modern SRD with well-thought-out supplementary material to the core book. But your ideas for games will determine what extra things you should look for. Both military and supernatural things are well-represented.

Last edited:

Ranger REG

Explorer
Greg K said:
d20 Modern, but, IMO, the following should be core as well:

1. Blood and Fists (RPGObjects)
2. Elements of Magic: Mythic Earth (EnWorld)
3. Psychic's Handbook (Green Ronin)
Just get the d20 Modern Role Playing Game Core Rulebook first.

The rest are recommended add-ons. For example, if you want to play futuristic games using the d20 Modern rules, get d20 Future and/or Blood and Space.

Dross Swordra

First Post
I am hoping to start a campaign with a total bend towards realism. Thus, no magic, no magical beasts, or psionics. Basically it will be "hollywood" realism (think roleplaying through the "Die Hard" movie). With that in mind, which books would be worth my time?

I appreciate the help. Nothing is more frustrating than plunking down a lot of cash, then reading through the book and realizing that you will use nothing at all from it.

-Dross

Greg K

Legend
Dross Swordra said:
I appreciate the help. Nothing is more frustrating than plunking down a lot of cash, then reading through the book and realizing that you will use nothing at all from it.

-Dross

Have you checked out the d20 Modern SRD at the WOTC site? You won't get the mini campaign settings, but you can look over the rules.

Remove ads