[D20 Modern] Stargate SG-1 Conversion ideas

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Default Name Player said:
Mistwell - Ah, really? Oh well, I guess I wasted an hour of my day if the rumor is true... :)

Nono, I don't think it is a waste of time to work on the project (I've devoted many hours to it already). I just think we should try to find out about it before deciding to make it a big group effort. Some people might change their mind about working on it if the effort might be duplicated by a company soon.

As to how to confirm or deny it - I am not sure. I think the company was Mongoose. MGM owns the license. We could ask both of them I suppose?

JDragon

Explorer
Anybody got friends at Mongoose or MGM? :D

I myself would rather use a system with a few changes to he modern rules than a new game.

JDragon

I had to go check the Mongoose/License thread again ;) .

Matt mentioned a clue in Dragon, and someone mentioned "B-minus" as the clue, so people are kind of assuming it's Babylon 5 (although it's still a guess). Is the Stargate rumor Mistwell mentioned connected to that mystery Mongoose project or is there a second rumor/mystery project? (sorry, I haven't been lurking around the forum as much as before, so I haven't been keeping up on the new rumors :) )

takyris

First Post
Just a random thought to throw in:

You might want to alter the Profession Skill to allow it to reflect rising through the military ranks. Money is really a non-issue in SG-1 -- nobody has to buy their own P90 or Staff Weapon -- and making someone plug ranks into the skill will reflect the time it takes to wheel and deal and pass tests and certifications and such while trying to get bumped up from one level to the next.

The big downside to this, of course, is that if everyone in your group gets bumped up, they'd likely be given their own commands, and then how do you adventure together? You could solve this with some sort of "Special Ops" team, composed of high-ranking people (like SG-1, which is kind of putting all its eggs in one basket in terms of having all the most valuable people on one team).

-Tacky

JDragon

Explorer
takyris

Good idea on the profession skill changes.

As for the high rank, you could always have the group set up some kind of off world base. (ie higher levels)

JDragon

Alrighty, just wanted to find out who's still interested in doing this. If we're going to do it, I'll start setting up the infrastructure and compile the information off this thread over the weekend.

One of the goals is to be able to channel our focus on things: there's been GREAT ideas in this thread, but we're all over the place. ;)

Remove ads