[D20 Modern] Stargate SG-1 Conversion ideas

Sounds good - I'll set one of those yahoo groups up so that we can share files, and paste over some of the information that's been collected already.

I'll post up here again on Monday and start getting people signed up.

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
I am also interested in helping out where ever I can with this. I have been talking to a friend of mine about starting a D20 Modern game using the "Stargate" movie and series as a backdrop. What does everyone need help with?

JDragon

Explorer
DNP is setting up a Yahoo group to keep files and such in. Plus moving the few things we have already over there.

Then I think we just need to take a step back and see what needs to be done so we can make this work, with out overworking our selves.

So start thinking about the things you would need to make it work.

I think one thing that well be helpful is a brief history/timeline for those DM's /Players that don't know alot about the serries and haven't had a chance to see all the episodes.

JDragon

I've set up some of the basics, but haven't had a chance to transcribe some of the data over yet to the groups board: will probably do it while at work today ;)

For those interested, email me at:

defaultnameplayer@hotmail.com

to confirm your email address. I'll send an invite to the yahoo groups currently called "d20sg1 d20 Modern Stargate SG-1 conversion project" (it's a closed group)

I'm with JDragon in that we need to first establish an outline of what we're looking to accomplish, amend it when necessary, and work from there.

I'm going to go through the different categories (chapter breaks) listed in d20 Modern and we can determine what can stay as per the book, or what needs to be added/created.

Step One: Create a framework of what in d20 works or needs to created for the Stargate setting
Step Two: Initial run-through of the different categories (as per the d20 Modern chapter breaks) on what we need to create. (ie. Jaffa character type)
Step Three: Second run through to make sure everything we listed fits together. (ie Gou'ld only weapons, but no Gou'ld character type?)
Step Four: start creating rules for these items we'll need to add to d20 Modern for the Stargate setting
Step Five: testing and second run through of the new added rules for the Stargate setting

Goal: to have a document that adds specific rules (ie race types/equipment/some background/etc.) that can be used to play Stargate SG-1 universe games within the d20 Modern system.

Just want to add that this isn't going to be a 24/7 commitment. In addition, there won't be one true answer to everything. If people come up with two different ways something works, and if both are valid after testing, then we can have them as two different options in our little document. Choice is good, right? ;)

JDragon

Explorer
DNP - Sounds great, thanks for taking control of this. I'll help what i can.

IF possible can we get someone here to crosspost this on WIzards Modern Board to see what help we can get from there?

Also, lets see if we can get some help from people with a really good knowledge base of the serries for time line stuff.

Thanks

JDragon

Pagan priest

First Post
How goes the great work? I am about to begin a SG-1 campaign, even though I have seen few of the episodes, and I would appreciate all the help I can get. If your list is still running, I'd like to join.

Remove ads