• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D20 Modern] Stargate SG-1 - Part II - It's getting warmer

kid A

First Post
Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada
0723:54 hours, June 3, 2003

"We've got ten minutes at best before this rope become too brittle to use. The heat in here's baking all the moisture out of it. It's already gone beyond what I'd normally be happy using."

Andreev cursed under his breath. Had had not thought of this. Instead, he had been too busy with all sorts of other considerations. Don't blame yourself... this is a tense situation, and you have alot on your mind. He attempted to convince himself of this, and answered Lucas with a question of his own. "How many of our ropes are still out? Perhaps if we could collect them into a bag to protect them from the heat, that would help us preserve what we have left."

Suddenly, he heard Durant's relief at young Jeremiah's presence in the pit. He smiled, knowing that he had made at least one good decision. Snapping back to attention, he took in his current situation once more. "Lt. Reed, if you would, please collect all the ropes you can find and store them in as cool a place possible. Lt. Donovan, please continue your watch over the elevator shaft for the time being. Mr. Fisher, do you believe it wiser to finish lowering Dr. Nguyen into the pit on that rope, or would it simply be safer to pull her back up?" He waited for Lucas' answer while he weighed his options.

MadThinker

First Post
Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada

Suddenly, he heard Durant's relief at young Jeremiah's presence in the pit. He smiled, knowing that he had made at least one good decision. Snapping back to attention, he took in his current situation once more. "Lt. Reed, if you would, please collect all the ropes you can find and store them in as cool a place possible. Lt. Donovan, please continue your watch over the elevator shaft for the time being. Mr. Fisher, do you believe it wiser to finish lowering Dr. Nguyen into the pit on that rope, or would it simply be safer to pull her back up?" He waited for Lucas' answer while he weighed his options.

When Ilianov issued his orders, Donvoan just said, "Yes, sir." He didn't like it though. He thought he should be down there with the Commander. Not the girl. He didn't want the other kid down there either, but at least he was helping. She just kept getting in the way. But, Durant had put Ilianov in charge. He didn't have to like his orders, he just had to complete them.

KitanaVorr

First Post
Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada

"The stargate!" Lorelai breathed as she stepped onto the grating closer to the team already there and glanced around her. "I can't believe we're this close to it." Already all she wanted to do was get a closer look at the device but she was torn between the fascinating creatures and the device itself.

"They look like the Nagas. You know, the ancient Indian salamanders. Kind of like our mythical dragons. I can't believe they're real." The professor pursed her lips thoughtfully, mostly really talking to herself. "I wonder if that's where the legend came from...if that's where all our legends come from. Visiting stargate travelers." She strove to try and remember what more she could about them.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada

"Go scriosa... an Bhadhbh do... chuid calóga arbhair...." she muttered a little more of the curse as more and more snakes appeared within the lava. She continued to mentally catalogue how many she noted in each lava pool. Admittedly, she was taken aback when she saw the smaller of the snakes. "They have children down here?" she said quietly, more for her own benefit than anything else. It made sense, she supposed, but it was hardly something she wanted to consider at the moment. Even small snakes had sharp fangs, after all.

When Jeremiah called out to the largest snake, she glanced briefly up at him, feeling a considerable amount of relief. He had already learned their language? Amazing!

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada

kid A said:
"How many of our ropes are still out? Perhaps if we could collect them into a bag to protect them from the heat, that would help us preserve what we have left."
"That's not a bad idea. This is good... I think we can keep the ropes useable." Lucas pauses to gather his thoughts.

"Anyone got a plastic bag and a canteen of water? If we seal the ropes in the bag, along with some water, we might be able to put a bit of life back into them and keep them fresh. Oh, and Lorelai's down now."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada

Lucas Fisher said:
"Anyone got a plastic bag and a canteen of water? If we seal the ropes in the bag, along with some water, we might be able to put a bit of life back into them and keep them fresh.

Lt. Reed checked in her climbing pack and gave the rope to Lucas. On his examination, the rope appeared in good condition - much better than that of the ropes hanging in the elevator, though it was much hotter within the elevator.

Campbell and Stewart began gathering their gear, chipped pieces of the insulation by where Lt. Reed was looking for an extinguisher, as well as a blackened skull that was under the debris in the corner.

OOC: Fisher

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada
0724:00 hours, June 3, 2003

Jeremiah Grayson said:
"Sar karass ra assassar?" Jeremiah asked, standing on the edge of the landing, swaying slightly in the heat.

"Assasarr? Exseres Scarr na trrreeyy kinserrrass Scarr!" The large salamander responded to Jeremiah, its eyes narrowing slightly. The salamander returned its gaze to Durant and swayed slightly toward, a few feet perhaps, but to Durant it was noticeable (ooc: 5' closer). The creature’s height was emphasized as it moved as was the increase in heat. The heat obviously was coming from the large creature. of course there were small flames licking on it, but this was open forge -type of heat.

Jeremiah only understood a portion of what was said, essentially “To help? Free us/me/proper name or ‘trrreeyy’ fuel us/me/proper name!”

Lorelai observed the creatures, which appeared to be a cross between the legends of the nagas of India and the salamanders of Europe. It seemed to her that the movements it made: the swaying; the folding of its cobra-like hood on the sides of its head; and slight coiling and uncoiling of its ‘tail,’ all contributed to communication of the salamander.

The smaller creature returned to its normal height and stopped shifting away from the larger creature, when the larger creature moved toward Durant.

OOC: Durant, Grayson, Fallon, Montoya, Nguyen

Last edited:

kid A

First Post
Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada

"Anyone got a plastic bag and a canteen of water? If we seal the ropes in the bag, along with some water, we might be able to put a bit of life back into them and keep them fresh. Oh, and Lorelai's down now."

"Excellent," Andreev replied, although he didn't quite find Dr. Nguyen's presence below that pleasing. Ah well. Let Craig deal with his insubordinates later. He began to help Lt. Reed by gathering ropes and handing them to her. As he was handing ropes to Reed, he spoke to the remaining members of the team, "The rest of us have to maintain our position and wait for further orders from the commander. I cannot send anyone else down there at the moment, as our ranks have been quickly thinned. I will need all of you to stay here in this room, in the event that the situation below becomes volatile. We need to ensure the security of this facility and the stargate."

Calim

First Post
"We can help you get free. We can help you go home. We must work as one to help."

Jeremiah put the words together carefully as possible using all of his diplomatic skills at his disposal.

The whole world was gone to him now as well the only to people in it were the giant lizard and himself. He was intent on not letting his first alien contact to be his last. His translation was right it had to be.

Remove ads