• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D20 Modern] Stargate SG-1 - Part II - It's getting warmer

KitanaVorr

First Post
"Jeremiah...I don't know exactly but I think they're the Nagas," Lorelai spoke up, moving up slowly behind him and more in the direction of the stargate. If any of the creatures made any movement toward her,she would stop immediately. "Or rather some kind of cross between the Nagas and the Salamanders of ancient mythology. Do you know what they want or why they're here?"

She was rather impressed that he understood their language so quickly. Imagine! Communicating with an alien species! There were so many questions to ask. Where were they from? Did they come through the stargate? Did they know who built it?

Lorelai also wondered how much of that myth was true...

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada
0724:06 hours, June 3, 2003

Jeremiah Grayson said:
"We can help you get free. We can help you go home. We must work as one to help."

"Sar assasarr na salas exseres. Sar assasarr na salas inserrno. Sar carran unas assassar,” Jeremiah said. Jeremiah put the words together carefully as possible using all of his diplomatic skills at his disposal. He felt the dryness of his mouth and throat, the last few words little more that a croak. Jeremiah looked into blackened pits of the creatures eyes, seeing nothing there – though Jeremiah felt that he didn’t want to look away from those eyes . . . .

The creature spoke, quieter that he had previously, and again Jeremiah could only understand a portion of what was said . . . (the below is still in the creature's tongue - didn't want to translate so much)

“We came through the ‘Sshaparaii sereanner’ humans of silver. They <unknown> great tribute of souls and fuel. When we <unknown> in the darkness, there were <unknown> and great fire - we were happy. <unknown> now the fires burn low, and the <unknown> does not melt to our touch. The cold comes and will <unknown> us. We thank you for <unknown>** tribute which will keep us warm for a while. In <unknown>, I will not use you as fuel, though I ‘nakk’ to take us home before my <unknown>wears thin.” The creature again slithered slightly toward Durant after he was done speaking, though he kept his gaze on Jeremiah

**The creature turned its head to regard Durant, Montoya and Fallon.

Lorelai noticed that Jeremiah looked unsteady on his feet, and was swaying slightly.

OOC: all

Last edited:

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada

Durant stood his ground watching as Jeremiah began a conversation with the creatures. This was getting stranger by the moment. Hopefully the kid could resolve this quickly, if for no other reason than to get out of the frelling furnace.

"This is going well, right?" Craig said to no one in particular.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada

"I hope so, Durant. We're not in a very good position if it doesn't go well..." Rylee responded. She edged closer to him, being very wary of the large snake creature. "I've counted eleven snakes in the lava pools so far. Five of the smaller ones, and six of what look like children."

Calim

First Post
Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada

"You came here through that?" Jeremiah points to the StarGate as he asks this of the lizard thing. "We need to get it working again so we can send you home. So we need to get more people here to help from above. OK?"

Jeremiah still trying to understand what the lizard is saying, says aloud to himself in normal,"Tribute?"

Jarval

Explorer
Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada

Lucas carefully damps down the ropes, packing them into his backpack before sealing it up as well as he can. He places the pack some distance back from the inferno of heat welling up the lift-shaft to preserve the rope as long as is possible.

"How the hell has Jeremiah done it?" He says to Andreev. "He's not heard them say more that a few words, yet he's talking their language like a native... I hope, anyway..."

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada
The creature again slithered slightly toward Durant after he was done speaking, though he kept his gaze on Jeremiah.

Durant furrowed his eyebrows in a puzzled look as he noticed the creature moving closer to him, again. He slowly took a small step back and threw a glance towards Montoya to see if he was catching this as well.

kid A

First Post
Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada

"How the hell has Jeremiah done it?" He says to Andreev. "He's not heard them say more that a few words, yet he's talking their language like a native... I hope, anyway..."

Andreev smiled at Lucas. "Jeremiah is a very talented linguist. His skills are very impressive, and to be honest, I am unsure as to why he was not selected for this program earlier, other than perhaps his age. It is my hope that he will be able to find a diplomatic solution to our current situation."

KitanaVorr

First Post
Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada

Keia said:
Lorelai noticed that Jeremiah looked unsteady on his feet, and was swaying slightly.

"Grayson," Lorelai spoke up, reaching out for him with one hand in case he fell over. "Careful there." She peered closer at him curiously, wondering what was wrong with him.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada
0724:12 hours, June 3, 2003

Jeremiah Grayson said:
"You came here through that?" Jeremiah points to the Stargate as he asks this of the lizard thing. "We need to get it working again so we can send you home. So we need to get more people here to help from above. OK?"

The creature nodded to Jeremiah and spoke "Yes, we came through the ‘Sshaparaii.’ Get who you want to open the ‘Sshaparaii.’ Though I use these** for fuel now, I may take others until we return <unknown>. Make haste!"

**The creature turned its head to regard Durant, Montoya and Fallon, again.

Fallon noted that most of the heads were starting to pop out of the lava, and several of the larger creatures seemed to be moving toward the pool’s edge toward the trio.

OOC: all

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads