• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D20 Modern] Stargate SG-1 - Part II - It's getting warmer

Calim

First Post
Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada
0724:12 hours, June 3, 2003

"I need all I have to open the ‘Sshaparaii'. Please can we get you other fuel or tribute."

Jeremiah not pleading openly yet but he was damned if he let these creatures take the others as a gift. He had to work harder, push his brain. He could not allow another screw up like that. Even now it may have been one to many.

"Lorelei get the others and get the gate open. And stay as far away from these creatures as possible. We have to send them home before they kill us." Jeremiah whispers barely audible to Lorelei as he talks to Lorelei normally. The strain he has put upon his voice and the heat are obviously getting to him. Jeremiah tries to convey the urgency behind this request without it carring over to the large lizard.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada

Perhaps it was the heat, or the famous Irish temper, but Rylee was quickly becoming frustrated with the situation. She looked again to Durant, who seemed to be dividing his attention between the silent Montoya and the giant snake. "Durant, those eleven snakes I told you about just now? They seem to be approaching." She tried to keep her voice even as she informed him of this. With that said, she returned her attention to the snakes, and once again raised her gun to take aim at the nearest one. Bad situation. She hoped Jeremiah had things under control.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada

The hairs on the back of Craig Durant's neck began to stand up.
That had never been a good sign.

This frigging snake-thing kept looking at him, Montoya and Fallon while talking in it's secret fire-monster language. And it seemed to keep scooting closer to him as well. This was not going at all how he had hoped.

"Durant, those eleven snakes I told you about just now? They seem to be approaching."

Great. This operation was going down the toilet at full speed. "Fallon, if one of them even thinks about coming onto solid land, lay down cover fire. Ric, you still with us?" Durant continued to shuffle backwards, very slowly. He had not brought his rifle back up yet, but his hands were in place, his finger was on the trigger and his eyes had not left the king snake since that gitchy feeling kicked in.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada
0724:18 hours, June 3, 2003

Craig Durant said:
"Ric, you still with us?"

Montoya wiped the sweat from his brow with sleeve of his fatigues, and replied, “Yes sir, still covering the secondary target.” He flexed the fingers of his hands ever so slightly, awaiting orders.

Jeremiah Grayson said:
"I need all I have to open the ‘Sshaparaii'. Please can we get you other fuel or tribute."*

The large salamander paused in mid-step . . . and moved away from Durant, almost ten more feet away by Durant’s estimate. Durant noticed the sudden coolness (relative, of course) as the creature moved back. The smaller of the two glanced at the salamander and paused as well.

The large salamander spoke, “Scarr looris, kariss tarr Scarr,” ** and the creatures which had been intent on leaving the pools submerged beneath their depths. He continued in his tongue, but to Grayson, “Bring us that which burns or explodes, that we may feel the warmth on our bodies . . . brief though it may be . . .”

The creature then began moving to the lava pool nearest the Stargate, the smaller following behind and eyeing the trio on the ground as it moved away.

OOC: We are out of rounds for the time being. Feel free to post actions, one and all!

*Jeremiah made a linguistics check of 32 and a diplomacy check of 25 check (Both were DC 25)

** For Jeremiah only
“We wait, do not fail us.”

Last edited:

Calim

First Post
Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada

Over the mike of his walkie talkie, and through a very mangled throat,"We need flammable things these guys are cold and we need to warm them up while we work at getting them home."

Jeremiah walks unsteadily over towards Durant as he arrives,"Sorry it took so long there sir, but know we need to get this thing going before they change there mind. Everything is alright for now I think, they just want to go home. And as long as we send them home soon there should not be any problems. Oh , and sir could I borrow your canteen?"

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada

Durant held back from letting out a sigh as the creature moved away from him.

In response to Jeremiah's request he tossed his canteen up to him. "Nice work Grayson. I'm not sure how you did it, but nice work."

"Montoya you're wiped out. Head up top and run secondary security from there. Fallon, how are you holding up in this furnace?"

After speaking with Montoya and Fallon, Durant calls over his radio. "Andreev, I need you and...oh, I guess just you. Looks like the professor made her way down already. Have whoever's available check our trucks for flares. I think we'll need them."

Last edited:

KitanaVorr

First Post
Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada

Lorelai made her way over to the Stargate's DHD while Grayson spoke with the creatures. The device was magnificient and incredibly small. Much smaller than she thought it would be considering the amount of energy it would take to open a wormhole, much less keep it open. And just the knowledge needed to control that wormhole...it was staggering how so much more advanced this device was than anything current technology provided.

Carefully observing the device, she checked it over.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada

"Wonderful. Just workin on my suntan over here," she said dryly, as she moved closer to Durant. She cleared her throat, not wanting it to get too dry. "What're we gonna do about them?" she asked, gesturing toward the lava pools where the snakes waited.

Jarval

Explorer
Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada

Nuke261 said:
After speaking with Montoya and Fallon, Durant calls over his radio. "Andreev, I need you and...oh, I guess just you. Looks like the professor made her way down already. Have whoever's available check our trucks for flares. I think we'll need them."
"On it." Lucas says to Andreev, heading back towards the stairs. "Anyone want to join me for a breath of fresh air?"

Remove ads