• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[d20 Modern] The "In Character" Character game Part One

ThoughtBubble

First Post
Through the haze of pain, Daniel is more suprized than anything. "I didn't think dreams hurt so much," he gasps. Dream or not, this is deadly serious, and lost survival instincts begin to kick in. Daniel steps back slowly, trying to find the delicate balance between moving away from the now bear formed Goro and avoiding attracting too much attention to himself.

OOC: I'd like to take a five foot step back, closer to the ladder if possible (as long as that doesn't take me nearer Sub Zero). And then I'd like to be however defensive I can be without attracting an AOO. And if there's any way to burn an AP to be more effective, I'd like to do that too.

HP: 5
AP: 11

Jemal

Adventurer
ThoughtBubble said:
OOC: I'd like to take a five foot step back, closer to the ladder if possible (as long as that doesn't take me nearer Sub Zero). And then I'd like to be however defensive I can be without attracting an AOO. And if there's any way to burn an AP to be more effective, I'd like to do that too.
In other words, get the hell out of there, eh?

IC:

Jemal, hearing a roar from behind, swears under his breath, then swears louder "Sh*t, I think big+Ugly's back, guys.. Can you handle Blue-boy?" He asks, then without waiting for an answer, disengages from combat with Subzero (5-foot step), and turns to run over to goro

I'll Stop 20 feet from him If I can't reach with a flying kick this round... If I can, I'll use Ap (If needed) to make sure I hit. Also, i'll declare whichever one (Goro-bear or Subbie) is closer as my dodge.
(Flying kick: +13 to hit, 1d8+7 damage)
HP: 26 AP: 56

KitanaVorr

First Post
Round Fourteen

Since Jemal is gone now, Sub-Zero continues to concentrate his attacks on Wille. He slams his frozen fists into Wille's stomach, one hitting him, the other missing wildly. One fist caused a nasty cold burn upon contact. [DMG: 16].

Goro-bear roars furiously and swipes both paws at Six, both striking him horribly before he bites down. [DMG: 34]

Daniel tries a trip attempt on the bear (which is about all you can do and not attract an AoO)...and amazingly succeeds. Goro-bear falls flat on his big ugly mug. Of course, now he's furious at you...

Lucky for Daniel, hearts slam into the bear right as it takes its AoO on Six [DMG: 11] but while its down, Jemal charges at it and slams a beautiful flying kick into its head. The bear shudders and lies still as it morphs back into the listless Goro.

Rom starts to stir and slowly begins to come out of his self-inflicted stupor.

Festy holds back his shot when notices Goro is down.

Intiative for Round Fifteen:
Sub-Zero 20
Daniel 15
Six 14
Jemal-James 13
Bruce Lee 12
Wille 10
Jackie 8
Rom 8
Mario 7
Festy-James 3

Last edited:

ThoughtBubble

First Post
Daniel looks down at his hands in amazement. He just tripped a bear. No thought, simply a desperate action born of need. Despite the pain, maybe it was a dream after all. The avenue to awakening must be contained within the need itself.

Daniel smiles and gestures a thumbs-up to Jemal, "Thanks for the help." Turning to Sub-Zero, he speaks a little louder "The odds aren't in your favor. Let our friends out of the frost, and I'm sure we can work something out."

HP: 5
AP: 10

Last edited:

Sixchan

First Post
"OW OW OW OW OW OW OW!!!" Six decides that cowardice is the better part of Valour, and starts getting the **** out of there.
He starts running around, trying to keep away from the bear. All his defences go up.

OOC: Goro-Bear is his Dodge target, so:
AC: 24 + 1 (dodge) + 5 (combat expertise) = 30
If he misses, I get the AoO from Agile Riposte,
and I'm withdrawing, so I don't get AoOed, right?

HP: 14
AP: 51

KitanaVorr

First Post
Sixchan said:
"OW OW OW OW OW OW OW!!!" Six decides that cowardice is the better part of Valour, and starts getting the **** out of there.
He starts running around, trying to keep away from the bear. All his defences go up.

OOC: Goro-Bear is his Dodge target, so:
AC: 24 + 1 (dodge) + 5 (combat expertise) = 30
If he misses, I get the AoO from Agile Riposte,
and I'm withdrawing, so I don't get AoOed, right?

HP: 14
AP: 51

Goro is down. :p

Sixchan

First Post
Not to self: Wait until you have been awake for at least an hour before reading. :eek:

Erk. I think I'm becoming illiterate.

Erm...Six cheers, but is still going to keep away from everything hostile. Subby's his dodge target, and Six is going to keep at least thirty feet between him and Subby before firing. 'Spiral Moon Heart Attack' and all that.

Jemal

Adventurer
Jemal looks around to see if there are any other fights (Besides the sub-zero one) going on. If so, he'll try to see who's fighting.
If not, he'll move back towards Sub-zero with Daniel, chiming in loud enough for them to hear "He's right, surrender now and you don't go down like Goro and Scorpion did. This isn't a Mortal Kombat tournament, you don't have to die."

OOC: IF it matters for seeing other fights, Spot is +. And if there are no other fights, my Diplomacy check to try and calm down Subbie is +7.

PS, Kit, do you realize that you've still got 'Goro-bat' marked in the initiative list?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads