• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[d20 Modern] The "In Character" Character game Part Two

Festy_Dog

First Post
Originally posted by Kalanyr
"James, you're driving me insane with firearms."

"Why thankyou," Festy replies.

He scratches his head, then sits down on a bench or low wall if there's one nearby. He checks his wallet, then looks down the alley and shrugs.

"I guess you'd know your way around Tim, I'm with you," Festy says and stands up to follow Tim, "Where to first, eh?"

psychognome

First Post
So, here I am on Diagon Alley. Patrik thinks. Diagon :):):):)ing Alley from Harry :):):):)ing Potter. Now I'm certain that I'm going insane... no, wait, I've been certain of that for years. So maybe I've gone insane now...

Patrik glances around the stores, and sees the shop named Magical Menagerie.

"Cool! They've got all sorts of magical creatures there! I always wanted a pet, but couldn't have one 'cause my parents are allergic... can I have one? Please? Pretty please?" he pleads, looking at any of the 'bigger people' with his Bambi Expression. "I don't have any local currency."

KitanaVorr

First Post
"Galleons, Sickles, and Knuts are the currency of Diagon Alley," Vivi explains to everyone. "You'll have to do any exchanges at the bank."

Inside Gringott's bank there are a multitude of goblings scurrying doing various tasks. At least a 100 of them doing all kinds of tasks, wheeling barrows full of gold, some counting and weighing the money, some waiting to lead you to the vaults. And of course that music playing again in the background.

Vivi leads whoever wants to follow to one behind a desk. He peers at you. "Yes? What do you want?"

For anyone who wishes, he will exchange your currency for the magical currency of this world.

Attachments

• harry potter goblin.jpg
    harry potter goblin.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 121

Festy_Dog

First Post
"Well, why not?" Festy says, and removes a sizable amount of currency from his wallet to exchange for Galleons, etc, "I might find something I like."

Sixchan

First Post
Six frowns, being someone who doesn't like to part with money if she doesn't need to. "What's the commission rate on exchanges here? Can we exchange or new money back into 'muggle' currency? Will you take back coins, or will I be stuck carrying a ton of small change home like I do every time I go on holiday? What exactly is the exchange rate for GBP, and is that truly reflective of the prices?" Unless the questions produce some very unsatisfactory answers (e.g. Horrendous commission rates, inability to exchange back), Six hands over her money (in GBP, since she has more of them than USD).

"Perhaps we should split up, and meet back here when we're done shopping?"

psychognome

First Post
Patrik goes on to exchange all of his pocket money into magical currency. It's not like I'm going to need any of it afterwards. he thinks. He then struts down the alley, looking for something neat to buy.

Lichtenhart

First Post
Mario changes some euro to galleons, then goes with Patrik at the Menagerie to check if there's something for Pikachu. THen he plans to go at the Apothecary.

KitanaVorr

First Post
Magical Menagerie

Patrik and Mario head off to the Menagerie while the others contemplate what they want to go or are still deciding on whether or not to exchange money. Its down the street some and easily noticible as all kinds of animals are on display from rats, cats, dogs, pigs...you name it, they apparently have it.

Walking inside, the entire place smells like a barnyard complete with chickens squawking in the background. A pretty young lady walks up to you with slightly elfin ears.

"Hello! Welcome to the Magical Menagerie. I'm Rifa. Is there anything you're looking for in particular?"

Gringotts Bank

Meanwhile everyone else is still at the bank.

Vivi waits patiently while the goblin explains to Six how the system works - which seems to be like any other exchange bank. Sounds like they're used to doing alot of exchanges. Satisfied, Six gets her money which jingles in a velvet bag.

Sixchan

First Post
"Free purse! Thanks!" Six walks out of the bank, and looks around. "Hmm...Junk shop. Hookshot, hookshot, hookshot, hookshot..." Six heads over to the junk shop.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Tim will exchange some cash and head off to Flourish and Blotts to see what he can (or can't see).

"Its been 2 years since I've read that book, Festy. So not too well at all. "

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads