• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D20 Publishers & Writers Journal

Priest

First Post
I have posted this idea elsewhere on the boards but decided to go ahead and start my own post on the subject. It is simply this,
I would like to start up a PDF magazine for the writers, and publishers, reviewers, and editing staff of the D20 community.

This magazine the D20 Publishers & Writers Journal would contain articles such as essays on how to write a good adventure review, or articles about layout, with a tips sidebar on how to effectively get past some layout issues. It could have articles for writers on effective manuscripts, or on how they should approach the publishers with their work.

Below is the guidlines I wrote out for the magazine. If you are interested in the idea, or maybe would like to help out give me a post or an email at Sidran@IGNmail.com . I am not looking for articles as of yet but rather peoples oppinions of the Idea.

Also if you have skills that could be usefull for the project (I.E. PDF layout skills, or would like to be a contributing editor let me know.)_

Submission Guidelines

The D20 Publishers & Writers Journal is a bi-monthly PDF for publishers, editors, writers, and reviewers of the D20 System. Each issue will feature articles written by both emerging and established authors in the industry. These articles will cover topics that are of interest to publishers and writers, or will cover topics such as new publishing software, printer press companies, layout tips, reports on emerging publishers, and a list of releases from community publishers. The news section will update readers on current, and special events. It will occasionally contain interviews with a star of the gaming industry, brief reviews, and other industry news.

The D20 Publishers & Writers Journal is mostly written by the submissions of the D20 System writing and publishing community. We’d be happy to read anything written well. Manuscripts should be typed, and double spaced and no more than 10 pages in length. If you send a proposal for an article instead of a manuscript, please send or point us to two samples of your previous works, and include an app. word count of the manuscript.

It usually takes a few weeks for us to respond to your manuscript, or query. The D20 Publishers & Writers Journal like its counterpart Asgard published by EN World’s Natural 20 Press, is mainly a print by donation venue. Meaning that we will pay for articles on a case-by-case basis. Since the magazine is itself free to everyone with an interest in publishing, and writing under the D20 system.

The D20 Publishers & Writers Journal is not a source of game information like Asgard is, and as such will not carry very much, if any, gaming material. Other than highlights on new innovations in open gaming content, such as FFG’s legendary classes rules, or the parrying rules from Dragon TM #301 for example.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Nathaniel J.
    Editor

caudor

Adventurer
It does sound very interesting and informative to me...something for writers and would-be writers.

As far as submissions, do you plan to accept any form of electronic submissions? That may help with draw input from computer saavy contributors. I suspect most of the folks who haunt these message boards would probably are comfortable with a PC. Anyway, just a suggestion.

I wish you good fortune with your publication.

annadobritt

First Post
Interesting. The RPG Freelancers Guide will be having articles written by Freelancers about freelancing and there will be a monthly column as well as product reviews.

New release date for the first issue is December 31st, 2002.

caudor

Adventurer
annadobritt said:
Interesting. The RPG Freelancers Guide will be having articles written by Freelancers about freelancing and there will be a monthly column as well as product reviews.

New release date for the first issue is December 31st, 2002.

Ah, thanks for that info. I just hopped over and subscribed to The RPG Freelancers Guide. I'm looking forward to the first issue!

Priest, once you have the journal up and running, send us a post...I'll be glad to subscribe to yours too.

Best Regards!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads