D20 Review Section Reputation

Alright, I'll try and reword them. I still think the context of what I typically enjoy helps the review make more sense for readers, but obviously you weren't the only one confused.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
So I guess I shouldn't post any reviews either then cause I'm not know for being "unbiased" right? Funny though no one calls for my reviews to be taken off.

icebreaker

First Post
I really don't see the problem if you and 20 people feel RoTToEE is the greatest module ever..whats wrong with them posting that?
Unless the criteria changes on how a review may be judged being a fan of a product shouldn't make you exempt from posting your review.

There is a big difference between wanting all the people that think a product is a 5 to post..and wanting people to post 5's so the product you like rates better.. the first is acceptable the second isn't.

Furn_Darkside

First Post
Nightfall said:
So I guess I shouldn't post any reviews either then cause I'm not know for being "unbiased" right? Funny though no one calls for my reviews to be taken off.

I say we take off nightfall's reviews.

They are often long- and the nap breaks I need to take to finish them are really taking a good chunk of time from my life.

Besides- he has a weird look in his eye...

FD

Furn_Darkside

First Post
icebreaker said:
I really don't see the problem if you and 20 people feel RoTToEE is the greatest module ever..whats wrong with them posting that?

I am all for it- I think the more opinions the better.

I just did not care for the review in question. I have never run, played, or even read RtToEE- and that review gave me little insight why I would want to do any of those or avoid doing any of those.

But.. then.. I usually use reviews after my purchases to see if I missed something in my reading. So, I am not probably not a good judge on the usefulness of reviews for the sake of purchases.

FD

the Jester

Legend
Well, I'd give RttToEE a 5 if I were to review it.

If I were reviewing stuff, which I haven't yet, though I have been considering it, I'd try to start with stuff I've run imc. I don't think you gave it a fair shake, Doc; no offense, but without having tried running the adventure and seeing how well it all runs together, I don't know how "objective" your review can be.

Butholios

First Post
Nightfall said:

No one pays any attention to them either. Seriously, we might as well just apply an automatic '5' review to everything related to the Scared Lands, and save you a lot of trouble.

Remove ads