D20 Stocking Stuffers: Dice Ideas for D&D Monsters

It's D20 Day (get it?)! If your forever Dungeon Master is the type who needs the right dice for every occasion, these monster-inspired dice have got you covered. These dice can all be ordered via Prime delivery but still may not arrive in time for the holidays, so if you're running late on gifts, order as soon as you can! The dice below are grouped by monster type.

DD1.jpg

Aberrations: Mind Flayer Bronze Metal Dice ($35)

Nothing quite screams danger like rolling dice with squid heads on them.

DD2.jpg

Beasts: Green and Silver Metal Dice ($21)

Beasts come in all shapes and sizes, but this set has scales to represent their hides.

DD3.jpg

Celestials: White and Green Hollow Metal Gear Dice ($36)

The gears mean law, the white mean good, the green numbers mean business.

DD4.jpg

Constructs: Black and Bronze Dice ($25)

ENHANCE is a step above most dice sets, with their logo (three horizontal lines) replacing the highest number on the die.

DD5.jpg

Dragons: Black and Gold Hollow Metal Dice ($40)

There are many sets of dragon-themed dice. This covers black dragons.

DD6.jpg

Elementals: 5 Sets of Polyhedral Dice ($10)

Elementals come in all shapes and sizes, so this set covers them all with different colors and gold numbers to represent each element.

DD7.jpg

Fey: Black to White Rainbow Metal Dice ($27)

These dice change colors with the seasons, like the fey themselves.

DD8.jpg

Fiends: Hell Skull Dice ($14)

These dice really go for it, with a smoky interior, red numbering, and a grinning skull inside each die.

DD9.jpg

Giants: Black and Gray Wyvern Dice ($24)

These metal dice with a stamped wyvern on them are reminiscent of ancient giant runes.

DD10.jpg

Humanoids: Black and Gold Metal Spider Dice ($42)

Spider-themed dice for drow? Yes please!

DD11.jpg

Monstrosities: Bronze Chain Dice ($18)

For sea creatures and pirates, this set features a nautical theme.

DD12.jpg

Oozes: White and Black Sharp Edge Dice ($31)

The transparent oozes are well-represented with these dice.

DD13.jpg

Plants: Clear Mushroom Dice ($16)

These dice have tiny mushrooms inside of them.

DD14.jpg

Undead: Clear and Bronze Skull Dice ($14)

Show you mean business with these dice. They have a skull inside them, in case it wasn't clear that they're for undead and soon-to-be-dead adventurers.

Michael Tresca

Michael Tresca

Rils

Explorer
The link for the red mushroom dice doesn't seem to take you to the source page...? Looking elsewhere, I can find pink mushrooms, purple mushrooms, gray mushrooms, but not the cool red ones pictured. My wife is really into the red mushroom thing though, these would be a cool gift for her! Any chance you could double check the link on that @talien?

talien

Community Supporter
The link for the red mushroom dice doesn't seem to take you to the source page...? Looking elsewhere, I can find pink mushrooms, purple mushrooms, gray mushrooms, but not the cool red ones pictured. My wife is really into the red mushroom thing though, these would be a cool gift for her! Any chance you could double check the link on that @talien?
So funny story on these: they were originally pitched as birthday dice, which is why you're having difficulty finding them when you search for "red mushroom dice". After myself and a few other reviewers pointed that the "candles" looked much more like mushrooms, the company changed the name to mushroom dice ... and now it looks like they just removed them from inventory entirely. One die has a "birthday cake" inside it (that's the gray blob, bottom center), but the rest don't look like candles, they look like red mushrooms for sure.

They're no longer available on Amazon, but you can get them on Etsy! Happy Birthday Dnd Dice Set Polyhedral Dice D&D Dice | Etsy

Hope that helps!

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Do you get a cut for referrals to Etsy @talien ? If yes, would be great to have a semi-regular column about cool RPG stuff on Etsy... Because I need a new shopping habit beyond regular D&D releases and Kickstarter :rolleyes: 😂

talien

Community Supporter
Do you get a cut for referrals to Etsy @talien ? If yes, would be great to have a semi-regular column about cool RPG stuff on Etsy... Because I need a new shopping habit beyond regular D&D releases and Kickstarter :rolleyes: 😂
Alas no, although I think it would be a good idea.

I'm an Amazon Vine reviewer, which has expanded massively into the tabletop gaming space (and yes, I've reviewed every single one of the items I've listed in the past four articles, with the exception of those that were out of stock and I had to substitute another similar product).

It's a topic for one of our columnists though! Something for us to consider in 2022, thank you for the suggestion!

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases