• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

d20 Transformers...

Ronin Mantis

First Post
the_dunner said:
I'd second that request. Great book, but the lack of any NPCs is ... a bit challenging.

I third that request.... There is nothign like havig some ready-to-use characters at your disposal. A web-enhancement would be good idea. I know that Horizon games are supposed to be one-book games and that is what is so appealing about them, but a web enhancement could add a lot to the initial book.

On the other side of the coin.... By not giving you pre-generated characters, the game is put squarely in the lap of the GM, to craft the world as he/she see's fit.

Having said that... My vote is for a web-enhancement.

Aaron2

Explorer
Dr. Talos said:
Then you would love the GIJoe/Transformers comic that was put out earlier this year that was set during WWII. It was a 6 run series. Check Dreamwave Productions website.

I looked on their web page but can't find it. What was it called?

Aaron

Hand of Vecna

First Post
It wouldn't be on the site since the mini-series has already run it's course. I think it was simply called Transformers/G.I. Joe, though. It should be available in TPB form soon.

Shawn Carman

Explorer
Ronin Mantis said:
On the other side of the coin.... By not giving you pre-generated characters, the game is put squarely in the lap of the GM, to craft the world as he/she see's fit.

Having said that... My vote is for a web-enhancement.

My obssessive need for detail will surely one day lead to madness. Until then, I've compiled a short list of what we know about the mechamorphs listed in the book. This is all wildly subjective, but maybe it will help some fledgling GM out there. This is all taken from the various bits of flavor text and illustrations scattered throughout the book.

ANIMECHS
Battlehorn [Alt form: Triceratops, Priority 3]
Iron Fang
Jaunt [Alt form: Wolf, Priority 3]

EXILES
Aegis
Backtrack [Alt form: 4-wheeler, Priority 1]
Barrage [Alt form: 4-door, Priority 1]
Class [Alt form: Sports car, Priority 1]
Rally
Sky-Eye
Skyjammer
Wheelwell

TYRANTS
Deadringer [Alt form: Cellphone, Priority 4]
Dervish [Alt form: Single-prop, Priority 2]
Impact [Alt form: Construction vehicle, Priority 2]
Vorpal [Alt form: Weapon (sword), Priority 3]

UNKNOWN
Overlook
Scattershot [Alt form: Tank, Priority 2]

If anyone else has sussed things out based on the text, I'd love to see your data. :)

Cyberhawk

Community Supporter
Classes

I picked up Mechamorphosis yesterday at the store, and I'm pretty happy with it. It's full of old-school and current stuff.

The only problem is that I like a lot of classes, and MM uses three very generic classes (Soldier, Scientist, Scout) and one exotic class (controller). I realize space was very limited, but a few more classes would have been nice. Especially a Communicater class to represent Soundwave or Blaster.

Admittedly you can do a Controller with some sort of long-distance communication Ability (whispering wind or telepathy or something) but it's just not the same.

Still, that's just a very minor gripe. Fantasy Flight did a great job on this. :D

Ronin Mantis

First Post
From what I can see.... Soundwave and Blaster ARE Controllers. The basis of a COntroller is that they have other "lesser" 'morphs that they control.... I think that the cassettes are a clear example of this.

I was thinking of working in some classes from a Polyhedron article.... There was an article that gave the rules for playing a "Terrorist Group" <Read as....COBRA!!> and they had a "Leader" class (I think it was called something else) This would be good to represent Megatr...err.... I mean... the Evil Leader..
;)

My ONLY gripe is that they did not provide a character sheet for the characters. I would have liked to see a character sheet included in the book. Although, FFG has put up web enhancements for several of the other games for character sheets. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Ronin Mantis

First Post
OK.... I looked up the Polyhedron Article and I stand corrected... The article did not give new classes but instead showed a possible character design using the standard rules....

Oh well.....

:heh:

Storyteller01

First Post
To the person who was doing comparisons (Mechamorph to transformers, Slingers to Bravestar, Virtual to reboot), there is a comparison to Grimm: all thefairy tales written by the brothers Grimm.

Remove ads