• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

d20 Transformers...

soundwave810

First Post
mechassembler said:
The only reason I found out about Mechamorphosis at all was after surfing around the Drivethrurpg web site.

Maybe they found some formatting errors and took it off for fixing?

Let's hope that's all it is.

Could be, though unlikely IMO because and I quote from www.Drivethrurpg.com

"Original electronic format
These ebooks were created from the original electronic versions, and therefore are fully text searchable. Also, their file size tends to be smaller than scanned image books. Most newer books are in the original electronic format."

Mechamorphosis is downloadable from this type of format @ Drivethrurpg.
Therefore if there was a problem in the formatting it would be in the books too, would it not?

My guess is that Fantasy Flight wanted it to be released at or around when the actually books will be available on the shelves.

Either way Drivethrurpg has it listed to be released on the 28th. :)

Ronin Mantis

First Post
Fantasy Flight Games has it listed on their website for sale as of 28-JUN-04. I just ordered a copy.

On a related note.... A good artist friend of mine once did a drawing of two (2) Transformers as they would look if they arrived on Earth during WWII. Pretty neat stuff...

One is Starscream as a German Messerschmitt and I think it is Iron Hide as a WWII American half-track... When transformed, his quad-50's are mounted on his shoulders. They look awesome.

The reason I mention this is because it sparked my imagination. Imagine if you will that the 'robots' arrive on Earth during WWII and side with the major factions... Axis and Allies... it would make for some interesting units....

Dr. Talos

First Post
Ronin Mantis said:

On a related note.... A good artist friend of mine once did a drawing of two (2) Transformers as they would look if they arrived on Earth during WWII. Pretty neat stuff...

One is Starscream as a German Messerschmitt and I think it is Iron Hide as a WWII American half-track... When transformed, his quad-50's are mounted on his shoulders. They look awesome.

The reason I mention this is because it sparked my imagination. Imagine if you will that the 'robots' arrive on Earth during WWII and side with the major factions... Axis and Allies... it would make for some interesting units....

Then you would love the GIJoe/Transformers comic that was put out earlier this year that was set during WWII. It was a 6 run series. Check Dreamwave Productions website.

Last edited:

Nuclear Platypus

First Post
slingbld said:
Heck, BUMBLEBEE the smallest of all the Autobots stood about 8-9' tall in 'bot form!

I think the tapes were even smaller, about the size of a human or an equivalent creature (usually since Ratbat was a rather large flying mouse) and Wheelie looked about the same size as Daniel (Spike's son). In the original series, after dealing with Hound in the riverbed, Rumble just shoves Spike out of the way but looks about the same size too. Rattrap (Beast Wars / Beast Machines (bleh)) was also a runt, about the size of a proto human but all the BW / BM bots were smaller than their ancestors.

Still tho, I think I'm gonna have to at least give this a closer look and maybe even pick it up.

Last edited:

Shawn Carman

Explorer
I picked this one up at Origins and it is absolutely fantastic. Easily the best book I picked up at the 'Con, rivaled perhaps only by Blackwyrm Games' The Algernon Files (also excellent).

I understand space is at a premium in these Horizon books, but I hope that we can see a web enhancement with some sample mechamorphs (preferably the many named bots throughout the book) and perhaps a character sheet.

the_dunner

First Post
Shawn Carman said:
I understand space is at a premium in these Horizon books, but I hope that we can see a web enhancement with some sample mechamorphs (preferably the many named bots throughout the book) and perhaps a character sheet.

I'd second that request. Great book, but the lack of any NPCs is ... a bit challenging.

Remove ads