• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

d20 Transformers...

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
Green Knight said:
La, la, la! I'm not listening to you! That show never aired!

tough, it aired, it had some neat concepts like the headmasters series so why not take advantage of it?

heck! I hope this thing sells well so we can see some addons to this series!

soundwave810

First Post
Leopold said:
tough, it aired, it had some neat concepts like the headmasters series so why not take advantage of it?

Thanks Leo I couldn't have said it better myself. Plus a TF fan I prefer to run a mixed game and in could the beast ideas and concept from all series. IMHO there's alot you can do in a game world that combines all the continuities.

Arkhandus

First Post
This stuff rocks! I MUST have the book! *old-skool TF fanboy glee!*

Only thing I'm still wondering is, will there be city-bots or planetoid-bots....?
*cackles evilly*

Green Knight

First Post
Leopold said:

Nah, I don't much like the look of a Transformer covered in bicycles, skateboards, miniature helicopters, and so on. I much prefer Targetmasters or Powermasters.

Thanks Leo I couldn't have said it better myself. Plus a TF fan I prefer to run a mixed game and in could the beast ideas and concept from all series. IMHO there's alot you can do in a game world that combines all the continuities.

Agreed, though Armada, at least for me, provides nothing interesting to the mix. The only part was Smokescreen getting a new body without making a big deal about it, like in Beast Wars. I always thought that would've been a better way of handling Transformers changing bodies, rather then some kind of major event.

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Nice cover!
rv4.jpg

takyris

First Post
Oh, man. I still haven't even convinced the lads to play M&M with me yet, but I'm definitely getting this. The concept art sold me.

Random question: Earlier in the thread, you referred to smaller 'bots as being lower level than larger 'bots. Is that right (I could have misread it)? Is there a way to make, say, a Bumblebee-like character who is higher level, or a helicopter that's lower level? I guess I'm imagining a team of a small car, a pickup truck, a tank, and a helicopter that each function as an integral and equally powerful (in their area) member of the team. The car is a good subtle scout and might have lots of skill ranks, the truck is a utility player with durability and some offensive power, the tank can hit hard where it counts but can't move much, and the helicopter is good offensively and very mobile but can't take a lot of punishment. Or, to put it another way:

Small Car: Halfling Rogue or Smart/Fast Hero
Truck: Human Ranger or Strong/Dedicated Hero
Tank: Half-Orc Barbarian or Strong/Tough Hero
Helicopter: Elven Wizard or Strong/Fast Hero

Shoot. We probably need a cleric. Probably a pickup truck or an ambulance. :)

Remove ads