Daenerys Targaryen to face the Terminator

Ragnar_Lodbrok

First Post
Eh. I like T1 and Aliens a lot, though I too dislike Titanic and find Avatar interesting only because it's a pretty film. I don't know film well enough on a technical level to criticize it effectively beyond that. I found the story in both T1 and Aliens to be better than simply acceptable, however.
And the means of filming are hardly relevant to its quality. T1 may not hold up visually in comparison to modern CGI and such, but that wasn't available, so why view it as though it was?

Dungeoneer

First Post
I watched Terminator for the first time just a couple years ago. I really enjoyed it. And the truth is, except for the ending it's not an especially FX-reliant film. Yeah, the stop-motion terminator in the factory looked cheesy, but that bit was brief. I would rather see a Lucas-style CGI enhancement then a reboot.

Also, Arnie is now 30 years older than he was in the first film. Does anybody really need to see Grandpa Terminator?!?

Also also, remaking T1 inevitably means they will remake T2. Does anybody really think that THAT is a good idea??

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Also, Arnie is now 30 years older than he was in the first film. Does anybody really need to see Grandpa Terminator?!?
Maybe he'll play the human who's appearance was used to make the Terminator. A deleted scene from T-3

[video=youtube;kayFrIR-Qfw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kayFrIR-Qfw[/video]

(It is Samuel L. Jackson's voice)

Also also, remaking T1 inevitably means they will remake T2. Does anybody really think that THAT is a good idea??
They plan on a whole new/reboot trilogy, so yeah, T-2 and T-3... If the first film is profitable.

Ragnar_Lodbrok

First Post
Perennity. What makes the film relevant today if the plot, acting, dialogues, action and FX are terrible?
To your opinion. I found the plot enjoyable, the acting and dialogue okay, the action good, and the FX as good as it was getting at the time. Aliens was, from my viewing of it, even better in all of those categories. So, my opinion is at odds with yours. Firmly, at that.

Kramodlog

To your opinion.
Ain't the majority of comment we make our opinion?

I found the plot enjoyable, the acting and dialogue okay, the action good, and the FX as good as it was getting at the time. Aliens was, from my viewing of it, even better in all of those categories. So, my opinion is at odds with yours. Firmly, at that.
Key phrase. Look at T-2 and you'll see a film that could be showed today and people would think it was made this year.

Dioltach

Legend
For what it's worth, I disliked T2 when it was released. It's little more than a remake of T1 but with special effects. T1 is grittier, edgier, more novel. It doesn't have an annoying adolescent. Personally I watch movies for more than the special effects.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
*sigh*

Everyone keeps telling goldo 'bro, the effects were state of the art at the time' which in no way, shape or form rebuts his criticism that the movie did not age well.

And Avatar? Really? People thought it had a good plot? I'm amazed. Avatar totally nailed the passive 3d effect, though, and nothing has come close to doing it as well since. The plot, though, was 'white cripple saves noble savages' which is most certainly not something anyone should think is even remotely ok. And the political statement - especially at the beginning - was so obvious that it took me right out of all those fancy effects. We get it Cameron, you think Bush is an environment hating warmonger. Jeebus ...

Kramodlog

For what it's worth, I disliked T2 when it was released. It's little more than a remake of T1 but with special effects. T1 is grittier, edgier, more novel. It doesn't have an annoying adolescent. Personally I watch movies for more than the special effects.
It is so the opposite. Everything is better with T-2, not just the FX. Better acting, better dialogues, better plot, better photography, better pacing, better choreographed action scenes, actually gritty, edgy, superior end...

Damn, I soiled my pants.

Dioltach

Legend
Damn, I soiled my pants.

Yes, we get the picture. You like Terminator 2. Almost every other post in this thread is you arguing that T2 is better than T1. Other people don't agree. That doesn't mean you have to keep repeating your opinion: people's preferences are subjective, and being told again and again that their tastes are wrong isn't going to make them change their mind.

Remove ads