Daily Art Preview

The Githzerais are definitely the best looking bunch of the art previews we've seen so far. WotC art guys, if you read this: We want more Komarck pieces! (or artwork of the same quality) :6:

jtrowell

First Post
Dunamin said:
Nice ones! I had hoped they would be slightly less human-like than that, but that's a general preference I have with fantasy races.

Since one origin story have them being mutated humans from the future, having followed their illithid masters in a time travel, maybe they should look *more* like humans.

More importantly, though, I really hope they do githyankis well (a much more fascinating race). I'd prefer 'yankis and 'zerais to be similar enough that they can be mistaken for each other at a glance, but showcase clear distinctions at a closer look.

Agree

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Githzerai pictures are awesome.

Looking at his site, he has done some fantastic work. Inspiring imagination allied to exquisite 'penmanship'.

It would be nice to see him get more work from WotC!

Cirex

First Post
Zamkaizer said:
That's a Thri-Keen Pyrokineticist from the 3.5E Expanded Psionics Handbook. Nothing new here.

He asked for a flaming whip, he didn't talk about an original work!

Those Gith look very nice. For the next art, I would like to see something classic like an orc or a goblin.

Klaus

First Post
Words can't express the awesomeness of those Githzerai!

Michael Kormack is teh awesome, and I wish WotC had tapped HIM to do the covers of 4E. His cover for Dungeonscape was at LEAST 5 kinds of awesome!

Dungeonscape.jpg

Derren

Hero
That looks more like a Sci-Fi "Human against alien robot/monster" picture than a fantasy D&D picture. Swap out the flaming sword against a lightsaber and you have a perfect star wars image.

But the Githzerai are very good.

Last edited:

hong

WotC's bitch
Derren said:
That looks more like a Sci-Fi "Human against alien robot/monster" picture than a fantasy D&D picture. Swap out the flaming sword against a lightsaber and you have a perfect star wars image.

I fully agree, beholders are very sci-fi.

Remove ads