Daily Art Preview

Zamkaizer

First Post
Eh, the more stylized fantasy art is, the better, in my opinion. I'll stick with Cavotta, Prescott, Reynolds, Walker, Moeller, and Frazetta, and Zug, thank you very much.

Zamkaizer

First Post
AllisterH said:
Ah, so he's the guy that did the awesome Cave of Chaos pic. I liked that piece and many of his other pieces in his gallery (the Cthulhu pic is very nice....)

Cormack must be something of an unknown still or he might be somewhat slow at creating his pieces (he doesn't seem to have any M:TG work and has few non RPG book covers to his name...Weird)
Zamkaizer said:
The Githzerai are awesome, even it is painfully obvious that he had three of his friends pose for it. I think I recognize the center fellow from Steadfast Guard.
EDIT: Er, the hyperlinks don't seem to be working properly. If you want to view the image, simply resubmit the URL.

Last edited:

Elphilm

Explorer
AllisterH said:
I liked that piece and many of his other pieces in his gallery (the Cthulhu pic is very nice....)
Looking through the tentacly goodness of his Call of Cthulhu illustrations makes me crave for a full blown picture of Demogorgon by Komarck.

Wizards should totally hire him to do the covers for next year's batch of the three core books. It would be sweet to see Demogorgon grace the cover of Monster Manual II...

johnnype

First Post
DandD said:
Then it's official. Let us make Komarck the new artistic god of 4th edition, and built a giant church with a huge golden bell that shall chime whenever a new artwork for 4th edition is published by him.

All praise The Kormak!

Kidding aside, I've always loved Githyanki but never thought much of the Githzerai until now. Now I'm dying to play one although I assume I'll have to wait a while for the psionics handbook. My only criticism of the piece is that as githzerai the "magic" shouldn't be blasting out of her hands but from her head. That's just a nitpick but then again I'm a psionics purist.

Lastly, I love both Kormak and Reynolds.

Oni

First Post
I like the gith pic, I do think it's best of the lot so far.

in general Komark's style feels to me like it's from another decade, that's not a bad thing, but i'm not sure if i'd want to to be the new face of dnd either.

I think it's funny how vocal disfavor with Wayne Reynolds work has become, it seems like back toward the beginning of 3e he was very much praised and people wanted to see more and more of his stuff. I still like his work. The cartoonish feel and colours let him get away with more wild designs that would look cheesy done in a more finely painted manner. I guess what I'm trying to say that if you try to make the fantastic too photo real then it starts to feel false, and I always thought WAR was in a good place on that specturm.

If I had to pick an artist that did more finely painted work, I think I'd want Todd Lockwood though. I've always liked his take on things.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I'll have his manbabies, sure, those are all EXCELLENT works, and I do adore his githzerai.

I like WAR well enough, I think he draws speedy action and toothy horrors awesomely.

I was a fan of DiTerlizzi's "vaguely asian" gith races, too.

Yes yes and yes.

DandD

First Post
Kamikaze Midget said:
I'll have his manbabies, sure, those are all EXCELLENT works, and I do adore his githzerai.
Then it is decided. The shortborn one with suicidal personality shall become our great sacrifice to the great artist, that it may sire a child who shall preserve the bloodline...
*DandD snaps out of it*
No, wait a minute, is this biologically possible? :uhoh:
*DandD enters crazy-mode again*
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

WhatGravitas

Explorer
AllisterH said:
Yeah...How does his orcs, gnolls, bugbears, elves and dwarves look?
Look here. That was done for Malhavoc Press and features a vulture, lion, and dog person (Harrid, Litorian, and Sibbecai). He pulled that off three years ago, and most artists only get better. I bet he could do pretty good semi-humanoids.

Cheers, LT.

OchreJelly

First Post
The Gith are way cool. I like what is probably PSI powersource exuding from the right-most one.

Does anyone know offhand who did those great landscapes in R&C / W&M?

Remove ads