• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Dallas Gameday] Aftermath and Commentary starts on Page 10!

d20Dwarf

Explorer
Psychotic Jim said:
d20Dwarf, about the Midnight game, neither me nor Bill (who is playing in it) has the Midnight book. Is there any special rules (rolling attributes, starting gold, 3.0 or 3.5, etc.) that we need to keep in mind when creating a character for it? Also, what is the plan for lunch?
Psychotic,

I'll be bringing some characters for the game tomorrow, so don't worry about it. Midnight is a fairly different world, so standard character generation won't work. :D

Psychotic Jim

First Post
d20Dwarf said:
Psychotic,

I'll be bringing some characters for the game tomorrow, so don't worry about it. Midnight is a fairly different world, so standard character generation won't work. :D
OK, thanks. That makes things much simpler. By the way, at breakfast, could we get a ride from somebody from the bank to where ever the group was planning on eating and back to the bank again? Also, was lunch going to follow the same plan as breakfast?

Last edited:

d20Dwarf

Explorer
Psychotic Jim said:
OK, thanks. That makes things much simpler. By the way, at breakfast, could we get a ride from somebody from the bank to where ever the group was planning on eating and back to the bank again? Also, was lunch going to follow the same plan as breakfast?
I'm sure someone there will have extra room. We'll be able to take a couple of people, and I'm sure others will show up as well.

I'm psyched!

Jeremy757

First Post
DonAdam said:
Just got back... good times.

And Suzi makes some hella good cookies.

I really enjoyed it today. It was alot of fun. I definatly ejoyed your game and getting to learn a little about Arcana Unearthed.

I just love the opprotunity to play games I don't usually get exposed to in my little gaming circle.

Shadowdancer

First Post
I had a great time as well. I was disappointed at not being able to try out AU or Midnight, but I did have lots of fun running the T20 session. I hope the people who played in it had fun as well.

Also enjoyed meeting and gaming with lots of new people. Especially the Living Greyhawk RPGA players through Talon Comics. Makes me wish I lived closer to Denton so I could participate in their Living Greyhawk sessions more often.

drachin

First Post
Well, that was a lot of fun this weekend, everyone! I enjoyed killing raging zombie monkeys and getting a chance to explore Nevermore, and I am looking forward to our next Dallas Area Gameday.

:D

Hope everyone made it home safely!

WalkerWhite

First Post
Very little sleep...

Well, the group finally finished at 11 pm after I jetisoned two major rooms (When a first edition module says 3.5 hour time limit, don't believe it). Everyone seems to have enjoyed it, though that instant death ray that hit the party in the final room really should have killed them all (How does a Wizard make a Fortitude save DC 16)?

For the two of you that did NOT show up to the game: shame on you. If you back out of a game, please let us know before hand so that I do not have to continually adjust CRs on the fly.

jaldaen

First Post
Well... now that I have had some sleep I want to thank Wil and Derek for organizing the Dallas Area Gameday and for all those who came to play ;-)

I especially want to thank Wil for running the Midnight adventure, which was quite excellent and my party members for a great run... until we split the party ;-)

Also those who played in the first ever Nevermore adventure... thanks for the comments, patience (with my sleep deprived state), and fun! Joseph and Suzi keep on writting! Jim and Bill thanks for volunteering for the Nevermore playtest! And last but not least thanks to Tori and Michelle for rolling the dice with us... and a special God bless to Michelle who's getting married soon!

Take Care,
Joseph

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads