Damage Bonuses to Ranged Attacks

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
What are the ways to add damage to ranged attacks?
scratch.gif

I suspect that there may be a Feat or two out there that helps. Any and all types are welcome here.

Are any of these legal? Please link to the Pathfinder SRD if you can.

• Strength Bonus
  • Dexterity Bonus
  • "Composite Bow (or whatever it's called) That Allows Strength Bonus" Bonus
  • "We Aren't Doing Enough Damage" Bonus
  • "Something Else" Bonus
  • Other Bonus
  • Unnamed Bonus
  • DM's Spouse Bonus
  • The Bonus That Ate Pittsburgh

Shisumo

First Post
I apologize for not taking the time to do the links, but here's some answers:

* Strength bonus (for thrown weapons or composite bows with a Strength bonus built in) - automatic
* Feats - Deadly Aim, Weapon Specialization and Greater Weapon Specialization, Vital Strike and its successor feats, Focused Shot (from the APG, adds Int mod to damage as standard action), Point Blank Shot (I know, but still)
* Weapon Enhancement - even for thrown weapons, and adds damage bonus whether used as a melee or thrown weapon in that regard
* Spells - magic weapon and greater magic weapon, divine favor, divine power, gravity bow (from the APG), weapon of awe (also from the APG)
* Class Abilities - most notably a bard's inspire courage, but also a ranger's favored enemy (or ranger's focus), paladin smite and inquisitor's judgments, among others

paradox42

First Post
It's a fringe case, not technically a method of adding damage to individual ranged attacks- but...

Clustered Shots (from Ultimate Combat- not added yet on PFSRD, but it's a packed book- give them time) is a feat that lets you add multiple hits against a single opponent together before applying damage reduction. So it gives you more mileage out of the hits you get, assuming your level/BAB is high enough to give you more than one attack. So for instance, with 2 attacks, instead of the normal (attack damage - DR) x 2, with Clustered Shots you get (attack damage x 2) - DR. So greater damage in the long run.

Most archers I've seen would kill for this feat, since DR is the big bane of archers (and ranged combatants in general, actually).

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
DR, Wind Wall, and just damage output in general are the three big banes of archers typically. Pathfinder aleviated damage a bit with Deadly Aim, but added a new issue: Step Up. I wouldn't feel comfortable playing a ranged character in PF without Point Blank Master (for archery) or...whatever the name of the functionally identical ability for throwing is that they added in UC.

Remove ads