Dark Fairytale IC

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: I meant it literally, he is a bard, he tries to remember relevant stories (i.e. buy me (Siniša) time to think on it). Anyhow, now that we're talking, what's the area like? What is the floor made of? Would mold earth work on it? I'd like to prepare for destabilization of the tanks by moving the earth under it, leaving enough to keep it standing

"Give us a moment please, we seem to talk to you separately." Leonan thinks at the thing noting others gazing at it with very little speech.
"Everyone, what did you find out? It is a brain in a jar that needs food and fluids, but can be moved as long as it is safe that way."

He keeps thinking about the various stories and legends, but brains ruling over communities aren't really the favorite subject of those. But he finds parallels. There are stories about body snatchers, about powerful vampires or telepaths...even their own misadventure with the hag, controlling through blackmail. But the solution...solution is always violent and they don't really want that here. Not really.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Azurewraith

Explorer
The room is made of a translucent glass like material that the rest of the area seems to be made of you can just about see the pipes from earlier under the floor if you squint hard enough other than the tanks there isn't anything else in the room. Unfortunately for Leonan stories of this nature tend not to get out much, one would assume the would be tellers of these tales are dead.

Kaleth takes a step back as the thing in the jar answers his question. His fears were confirmed. The thing was a mindflayer. It could not be allowed to live. Kaleth speaks to his companions minds.

This thing was a mindflayer. It cannot be allowed to live. If it gets out it will not stop until it enslaves all those above us.

Neurotic

"It needs killing, but maybe we're not really equipped for such a thing. And imagine what would lore masters think if we can get it somehow into The Academy. Assuming they can keep it contained, they could learn much about the development of such creatures." Leonan thinks aloud.
"But I don't think we can afford to waste the time now that we know what we're dealing with. We cannot contain it. So, vote?"

Azurewraith

Explorer
GM: It would be possible to transport the brain you would just need a container to house it and some of the liquid it resides in obviously there would be risks.

Neurotic

"Agreed. too much risk carrying it anywhere and we saw what it means to not resist it with those dwarves." Leonan agrees.
[MENTION=6803188]VLAD the Destroyer[/MENTION], [MENTION=6798581]Azurewraith[/MENTION], [MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION], [MENTION=6802065]Searinox Nagharha[/MENTION], [MENTION=813]jmucchiello[/MENTION]
We seem to be stalled, but this format lends itself to easy recruiting if our illustrious DM has time to continue?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases