D&D 5E Dark Fairytale OOC [Closed]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
This is not difficult math. 1d4+2 is the same as 1d6 drop 1s and 2s.

I've used this method in other games without any question before. 1d5+1 is 1d6 drop 1s, for example.

Neurotic would be right if we were doing: 1d6 reroll 1s and 2s ONCE. Then my method does not work. But usually, reroll 1s and 2s means, as long as the result is 1 or 2, reroll. And thus the smaller die size works fine.

You are right with the math. I re-rolled once initially and that stayed with me. But I rolled additional dice after the discussion about the method.

My mistake for math autopilot. But why complicate things?

Azurewraith

Explorer
Yes, this is difficulty parsing English.

Which Ironically is NOT the method Neurotic used. Nor Vlad the Destroyer.

I, however rerolled 1s and 2s once. Therefore I protest unless I get to reroll a few 1s and twos and rearrange my ability scores.
I also miscopied a 16 as a 15 at some point.

[sblock=rolls]
6 6 3 3

6 6 3 3
scores: 1D6.MIN(3) = [5] = 5
1D6.MIN(3) = [3] = 3
1D6.MIN(3) = [6] = 6

[/sblock]

Not updating RG unless I get the OK
So you only re-rolled your ones and twos once? My intention was for them all to be re-rolled, the intention was to have more durable characters as some of the creatures I had in mind would of been above what standard stats could comfortably deal with. Turns out that plan back fired anyway when you met a pack common wolves. How did everyone else handle re-rolls?

My initial worry with rolling d4+2 would be the 1 in 4 chance of a 6 as opposed to a 1 in 6 but if the 1 and 2 but when the one and two have gone it's a 1 in 4.

You are right with the math. I re-rolled once initially and that stayed with me. But I rolled additional dice after the discussion about the method.

My mistake for math autopilot. But why complicate things?

I could ask the same of you. You rolled 4d6.MIN(3). So the die roller says: 5 3 6 4 = 18. You have to turn that into 15 afterward. When I roll 4d4.HIGH(3)+6. The die roller says: 3 [-]1[/-] 4 2 +6 = 15 and that is the exact result. How is getting the exact result in one pass more complicated then manually subtracting out the extra die by hand? (You may be an engineer, but I'm a computer programmer. And programmers are lazy, they don't like extra work. They prefer the computer task does all the work. :) Frankly, I find it annoying that you can't says 4d6.MIN(3).HIGH(3) in coyoteroller. But coyote only allows one modifier. )

And now, I can continue working on my skill monkey. (Monkey? a gorilion maybe? Nah. :) )

Neurotic

Ugh a programmer I lost all respect for you! Clean up your damn codes! Sorry I'm stuck with a 10yr old laptop atm and it shows. Love you really.

Hey, don't diss the programmers, you play with one already!

I meant complicate because of this, you need to explain the math instead of being done already. As I said, rerolls were done differently by different people because we understand things differently.

Lets just play.

I meant complicate because of this, you need to explain the math instead of being done already.
Having to explain it hadn't been an issue before. And I don't think "1d4+2 is the same as 1d6 drop all 1s and 2s" is a very length explanation.

But no sense in discussing this further. Only thing I got done so far is a 1/2E Bard of Lore. I need to flesh that out a bit more, hopefully this afternoon.

Neurotic

As I said, apologies for rushed reading. It wouldn't be the same if it was "replace all 1 and 2 with 3. But water under the bridge. Lets see the bard. :)

So i wanted to be the Steel Wall the enemy breaks upon. Now at First i wanted to do this By making a Battlemaster, still want to abit, (plus i liked the idea of beeing the only non-magic user because Lothoc simply sucked at it) However i think i could to that alot beter as a Eldrich Knight

So I introduce
Lothoc 'Shildor' Hrafnveidi-Mao

Race: Goliath
Class: Fighter (Eldrich Knight) 5
Background: Outlander
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Experience: 6500

ABILITIES
Strength: 20 (+5)
Dexterity: 16 (+3)
Constitution: 17 (+3)
Intelligence: 16 (+3)
Wisdom: 13 (+1)
Charisma: 13 (+1)

AC: 19 (Chain Mail (16)+ Shield(2)+ Defense(+1 while wearing armor))
Initiative: +3
Speed: 30 ft
HP: 51 (13+38)
Hit Dice: 4 D10
Proficiency Bonus: +3

OFFENSE:
Flail (Silvered): To Hit, +8
Damage, 1D8+5 Bludgeoning

Handaxe, Thrown: To Hit, +8
Damage, 1D6+5 Slashing

Spell Attack Modifier: +6
Spell save DC: 14
1st lvl Spell Slots: 3/3

SAVES:
Strength, Constitution

--------------------------

FEATURES:

Background: Outlander (Bounty Hunter)(Wanderer)
At a young age Lothoc's tribe was saved from a Horror he could not clearly remember. At this time he was amazed at the skill of the Hunter that saved them.
he soon did all he could to follow in this great Hunters footsteps, joining the academy the moment they'd let him.
after his graduation though, he all but dissapeared into the wilderness. Still doing the requests he was sent out to do. but in the mean time, searching for ever greater challenges to face off against.

Fighter Features:
Fighting Style:
Defense; +1 to AC while wearing Armor

Second Wind:
Can use a Bonus Action to regain 1D10+5(fighter lvl) Hit Points
recharges after Short of Long Rest.

Action Surge:
On my Turn, I can take one additional action on top of my regulat action and a posible Bonus Action.
recharges after Short of Long Rest.

Extra Attack:
I can attack Twice whenever I use the Attack Action

Eldritch Knight Features
SpellCasting:
Cantrips:
Lightning Lure
Light

1st lvl:
Absorb Elements
Burning Hands
Cause Fear
Shield

Weapon Bond:
I learned a ritual that creates a magical bond between myself and one weapon. I preform this ritual over the course of 1 hour, which can be done during a short rest. The Weapon must be within my reach throughout the ritual, at the conclusion of which i tough the weapon and forge the bond.
Once i have bonded to a weapon, i cant be disarmed of that weapon unless i am incapacitated. if it is on the same plane of existence, i can summon that weapon as a bonus action on my turn, causing it to teleport instantly into my hand.
I can have up to two bonded weapons, but i can summon only one at a time with my bonus action.
if i attempt to bond to a third weapon, i must first break my bond with one of the other two.

Goliath Features
Stone;s Endurance:
When I take damage, i can use my reaction to reduce the damage by 1D12+3(Constitution)
Recharge after Short or Long Rest

Powerful Build:
Counts as one size larger when determining my carrying capacity and the weight i can push, drag, or lift.

Mountain Born:
Acclimated to high altitude, including elevations above 20,000 Feet, also naturally adapted to cold climates.

Feats:
Warcaster

-----------------------

Skills
Acrobatics +3
Animal Handling +1
Arcana +3
Athletics +8
Deception +1
History +3
Insight +3
Intimidation +4
Investigation +3
Medicine +1
Nature +4
Perception +4
Performance +1
Persuasion +1
Religion +3
Sleight of Hand +3
Stealth +3 Armor Disadvantage
Survival +4

Proficiencies
Armor All Armor, Shields
Weapons Martial Weapons, Simple Weapons
Tools Bone Dice
Languages Common, Giant, Primordial

this is what i got so far ;)

as for Magical Item, I'd like either a Lightning Javelin, Sentinel Shield or the Quiver of Ehlonna (this one just sounds like so much fun) but i'll leave that up to you

Last edited:

Remove ads