Dark*Matter: Discovery

industrygothica

Adventurer
For no apparent reason:

I was watching the movie the other night, and it occurred to me where the idea for Nick came from..

08_main.jpg

iwatt

First Post
OK, new level up time, and I'm taking suggestions:

Level 0:
Daze
Detect Pisonics
Far Hand (wild Talent)
Missive

Level 1:
Object Reading

I stayed away from Burst 'cause I don't want to step on Diego's toes. I'm leaning to Object reading over Control Object, since it's simply an improved version of Far Hand. Is ther any other source for Psionic powers around?

A cool Modern SRD site:

http://ca.geocities.com/spike_fightwicky/d20modernsrd/srdhome.html

industrygothica

Adventurer
I am still considering taking occultist for Nick, unless anyone has a better idea. Seems like with all the research he's done on these scrolls though, he should be able to finally use a few of them here and there.

Shayuri

First Post
Arr, it seems appropriate...but are you sure you want Occultist over the actual mage class? You could still use "scrolls" as his spellbook equivalent, but being able to cast actual spells is probably more powerful than having a finite number of scrolls per level you tote around.

In other news, I think Meredith is now the strongest PC. Oh wait, Diego has Str 14 too. Hee. But what makes it fun is that she doesn't -look- Str 14. Ragh.

Falkus

Explorer
Other classes that might fit Cade are engineer from d20 Future, hacker from the d20 Modern Companion Volume II and, should he feel mystically inclined, shadowjack, from Urban Arcana.

industrygothica

Adventurer
I'm going to take Shayuri's advice and go with the mage this level. I should warn you though, playing magic users are not my strong point, and any tips in spell selection, or anything else for that matter, will be greatly appreciated.

Falkus, what books can I take spells from?

Falkus

Explorer
I've got most of the d20 Modern supplements, so you can take them from pretty much anywhere. Just list the source you're taking them from, and if it's one I don't have, I'll ask for the details.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Falkus said:
I've got most of the d20 Modern supplements, so you can take them from pretty much anywhere. Just list the source you're taking them from, and if it's one I don't have, I'll ask for the details.

I've only got a few, so that's probably not likely. How do we work 0-level spells? Surely I can't have all of them from all the sourcebooks.

Falkus

Explorer
Very good point. I'll rule that you can take an extra four zero level spells from books other than core, in addition all the zero level spells from the core rulebook.

Last edited:

Remove ads