• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark*Matter: Discovery

Friadoc

Explorer
Alright, I hope my schedule issue didn't hose me on this one, but I'll understand if it did - I should be finished with a character and BG tonight, if that's ok?

If its not and you're now full, I fully understand, but hopefully its still alright if I submit a character and history.

Thanks,

Robert

Friadoc

Explorer
Ok, here's my sheet for Cade, my security consultant techie. BG to come, ASAP. :D Oh, yeah, thanks to industry for the sheet format. ;) I sorta snagged it. Thanks!

Name: Cade Black
Class: Smart
Nationality: American
Actor: Nathan Fillion
Size: Medium
Starting Profession: Technician (Security Consultant) - +1 competence bonus to Computer Use, Craft (electronics), and Repair

Str: 10 +0 ( 2p.) Level: 1 XP: 0
Dex: 16 +3 (10p.) BAB: +0 HP: 7 (1d6+1)
Con: 12 +1 ( 4p.) Grapple: +0 Dmg Red: 0
Int: 16 +3 (10p.) Speed: 30' Spell Res:
Wis: 12 +1 ( 4p.) Init: +3 Spell Save: +
Cha: 10 +0 ( 2p.) ACP: -0 Spell Fail: 0%

Base Armor Shld Dex Def Nat Misc Total
Armor:Leather Coat 10 +1 +0 +3 +0 +0 +0 14
Touch: 13 Flatfooted: 11

Base Mod Misc Total
Fort: 0 +1 +1
Ref: 0 +3 +3
Will: 1 +1 +2

Combat
Melee: +0
Range: +3

Weapon Attack Damage Critical
S&W Model 1076
(10mm autoloader) +4 2d6 20

Winchester 94
(.444 hunting rifle) +3 2d10 20

Knife (pocket) +0 1d4 19-20

Action Points: 5 Reputation Bonus: +1

Languages: English (obviously not counting computer languages)

Abilities:

Feats:
Simple Weapon Proficiency (via Class)
Gearhead (+2 Computer Use and Repair)
Personal Firearms Proficiency

Talent(s):
Savant (Computer Use)

Skill Points: 48 Max Ranks: 4/2 (X)
Skills Ranks Mod Misc Total

Computer Use (Int) +4 +3 +3 10
Craft (chemical) (Int) +1 +3 4
Craft (electronic) (Int) +4 +3 +1 8
Craft (mechanical) (Int) +2 +3 5
Craft (writing) (Int) +1 +3 4
Decipher Script (Int) +1 +3 4
Disable Device (Int) +2 +3 5
Drive (Dex - X) +1 +3 4
Forgery (Int) +1 +3 4
Hide (Dex - X) +1 +3 4
Investigate (Int) +2 +3 5
Knowledge-Arcane Lore (Int) +1 +3 4
Knowledge-PopCult. (Int) +2 +3 5
Knowledge-Technology (Int) +4 +3 7
Listen (Wis -X) +1 +1 2
Move Silently (Dex -X) +1 +3 4
Navigate (Int) +1 +3 4
Profession (Wis) +2 +1 3
Read/Write Language (English)
Repair (Int) +2 +3 +3 8
Research (Int) +1 +3 4
Search (Int) +2 +3 5
Speak Language (English)
Spot (Wis - X) +1 +1 2
Survival (Wis - X) +1 +1 2
Swim (Str - X) +1 +0 1

Equipment: Weight
(NAC=Not Always Carried)

Leather Coat 4 lb
Weapons permits/lics. n/a
Winchester 94 (NAC) 7
-scope (standard)
Box of 30 rnds (.444) (NAC)
S&W 1076 3
-laser sight
Holster 1
2 Clips (10mm@15 rnd each) 1
Backpack 2
Notebook PC 5
Modem - Cellular 1
Cellphone -
Lockpick Set 1
Leatherman .5
Electric Toolkit (NAC) 12
Mechanical Toolkit (NAC) 22
Regular Clothes (Worn)

Total Weight: 18.5

Wealth Bonus: +10 (6 + 3:Occupation +1 Profession)

Lgt Med Hvy Lift Push
Max Weight: 0-33 34-66 67-100 200 500

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 205 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown
Skin: White (Tan)

Friadoc

Explorer
Personality:

Cade is a good natured young man, however he is keeps to himself quite often. His subdued nature often leads people to think of Cade as a hermit, when in fact he is just selective of the company he keeps, sometimes to the point of coming across gruff. However, Cade does believe in giving people a chance to make their own impression and rarely has a preconceived notion - good or bad, the impression is up to someone to earn.

If Cade could be said to have any allegiance, it would be to finding out the truths of the world, for good or bad, and seeing the just and right things done in the world.

Background

Cade Black grew up on Klamath Falls Oregon, a small to moderate sized farming and lumber town that has been on the edge of an economic downturn for a few decades, but always managed to stay just above that downturn.

High in the southern oregonian mountains, Klamath Falls is also home to the Oregon Institute of Technology, a college known for its civil engineering, computer, and nursing programs, as well as other endeavors in academia.

Born to a loving family, Cade's father worked at Jeld-Wen, a local lumber mill, and his mother ran the family farm, which was just outside of town in Keno, that grew small local crops, as well as raised some livestock.

The outdoors was an early part of Cade's young life, be it hunting, fishing, or simple hikes in the mountains around his farm and his town. By his early teens, like many young folk in the area, Cade was an experienced outdoorsman, although by no means a mountain man, who often went hunting before, or after school, and it was not uncommon to see rifles in various students', as well as teachers' vehicles, in gun racks, during the season.

However, Cade's true talent seemed to be in electronics and computers, as he began his college courses while still in high school, taking classes at OIT on the recommendation of his computer and electronics teacher, Mrs. Georsling.

Adept at figuring his way through things, Cade earned a reputation as a gearhead, not only working up interesting programs, but also interfaces and equipment that had many usages, including security. He also bought an old, beat-up International Scout 4x4 and slowly began to restore it and customize it into a hunting rig.

It was during college that Cade developed a fondness for security, not only lockpicking, a known pasttime of many of the student body, but also electronic security.

Soon it became obvious to most that Cade's knack for security was going to earn him a healthy living as a post-graduate, as he worked up many protective systems for the local well-to-do families, both for themselves and their companies.

Many a night, while listening to Coast to Coast AM, be it with Art Bell, George Noory, or any one of their guest hosts, Cade would always come up with a new schema, layout, or plan for a security system, or how to by-pass one.

It became quite evident, though, that Cade needed to stretch his legs, and his reputation had earned him a chance at a few contacts in Chicago, the Windy City. Much to his surprise, as well as that of his friends and family, Cade decided to take the leap and move to Chi-Town.

Who knows, maybe this will be the big step into his next adventure...

kinem

Adventurer
re: weapons in the library:

I'm waiting for Falkus' call on it. If security would screen them out, Diego doesn't have them on him. He's been there many times so he would know by now just what he can or can't get away with. I figured a small library wouldn't have that much security.

Remove ads