D&D 5E Dark Souls is coming to 5th Edition

Weiley31

Legend
Well, we got another 3PP for 5E and this one is based upon a highly popular series/genre of video games within recent years. Some have said that since Steamforged Games was making it, the 5E rules were going to be the rule set for it. And looks like peeps were right!

Also since they made Animal Adventures, you can now play as Great Wolf Sif if you wanted to, or have the DM change his fate. Heck, lets just make a Soulslike campaign, but all starring cats and dogs instead. (I'll see myself out.)

Last edited:

Weiley31

Legend
maybe it'll be pretty different?
That is the question: the Soulslike/Soulsborne series has a distinct leveling up system/stats for the games.

On the plus side, just because this game is Dark Souls, doesn't mean you can refluff it to do others in the genre as well. Somebody made the Bloodborne Trick weapons on DMguilds or Drivethru rpg, so if you wanted to play Bloodborne instead, it can be equally feasible.

Aldarc

Legend
Essh... nothing against 5E, but Dark Souls is a unique beast that would have required something a bit different in my opinion. It's a game with such a rich content and lore. I'll wait and see what they do, maybe it'll be pretty different?
FROWNY FACE

I like 5E, and I know everyone wants to use it for everything just like in the early 2000s with the d20 system, but ugh no. That's not the right system for doing a Dark Souls TTRPG! The fact that their previous games were fully 5E-compatible doesn't fill me with hope here.
I'm suspecting a phoned-in product.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases