Dark Sun 5E Campaign Guide & Monster Manual (link)

D&D 5E Dark Sun 5E Campaign Guide & Monster Manual (link) 1.9

No permission to download

toucanbuzz

No rule is inviolate
Hello,
I'm a big fan of Dark sun from 2e and I appreciate the work and play testing you have done for your project.
Could you please also release printer friendly (white backgrounds)? I still print some pages on my printer for quick reference.
Thanks

I modified to B&W, not sure that does the trick or not as I'm not savvy with design! Dropbox link here.

aktaios

Villager
I modified to B&W, not sure that does the trick or not as I'm not savvy with design! Dropbox link here.

I was hoping for a version that requires less ink to be printed at home.
I also find it mach easier to read on a screen when there is no background.
Looks great tho even in black and white.

Thank you mate, hopping to launch a 2nd Ed converted Athas campaign after this one!

toucanbuzz

No rule is inviolate
I was hoping for a version that requires less ink to be printed at home.

I used lulu.com to print mine at a cost of around $4 for a full color glossy paperback print. You have to invent your own cover and it took roughly 2 weeks to arrive, but if you're okay with that, wonderful way to get your font-formatted PDFs into something you can hold.

opacitizen

Explorer
Excellent work! Thank you. I'll use the updated 1.9 version for a sequel I've been planning. (Edit: Well, turns out the pdf is not searchable nor selectable. Guess I'll have to skip this then, primarily because of the former, though the latter is puzzling as well.)

A minor suggestion, if I may: I think it would be great if you included the version number in the text of the pdf (on the title page in small or in a credits paragraph or in an appendix with the change log, maybe.)

Last edited:

opacitizen

Explorer
Why isn't the text searchable and selectable? 😕 (Loved and printed v1.6 back in the day, but having checked the later updates and with our games having moved online it's a rather bad and huge setback.)

opacitizen

Explorer
I have about 1% proficiency in coding and no subscription to Adobe for making ordinary PDFs searchable. I've been happy to link/open up the underlying coding to whoever wants to tinker with it, but our campaigns have moved to other settings and I haven't returned to update anything.
Ok, I understand completely.
Meanwhile I found your public GMBinder version of the same document (over at Dark Sun Player's Guide 5th Edition D&D by Toucanbuzz ) and have found that using the Print/Generate PDF option (in Google Chrome, at least) can produce a searchable and selectable file (when choosing the print to pdf option.)
Thanks again for the excellent work!

Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4