Dark Sun 5E Campaign Guide & Monster Manual (link)

D&D 5E Dark Sun 5E Campaign Guide & Monster Manual (link) 1.9

No permission to download

Hi! We have been running a Dark Sun Campaing using your material for about two months now (Evellyn, above, is also a player in this campaign). Thanks a lot for sharing! :)

We had one question last session that we would like to clarify. I, a Wizard (I know! :) ), tried to use Hold Person in a Thri-Kreen NPC. Hold Person states that "choose a humanoid target that you can see within range". In the Dark Sun Campaing rules Thri-Kreen are referred to as "insectoid beings" . In the Monster manual , however, they are referred to as "Medium Humanoids" . So, we were not sure if a Thri-Kreen would qualify as a valid target for Hold Person (or any other similar spell/effect that targets Humanoids) or if they would need to be targeted by a Hold Monster spell. We ended up ruling that a Thri-Kreen would be a valid target (so, would count as a humanoid for this), mostly because we thought it could be quite powerful not to be counted as a humanoid - they would be immune to many others spell and effects, not just Sleep. Did we play as intended?

Thanks again! We are having our assess kicked regularly, but the campaign has been pretty fun. :)

toucanbuzz

No rule is inviolate
We ended up ruling that a Thri-Kreen would be a valid target (so, would count as a humanoid for this), mostly because we thought it could be quite powerful not to be counted as a humanoid - they would be immune to many others spell and effects, not just Sleep. Did we play as intended?

That was the intent that all player races are "humanoids," despite any inconsistent language to the contrary!

Have fun! Our DS campaign is kicking off soon.

toucanbuzz

No rule is inviolate
Had some material printed and received today. Very pleased!

DS books.jpg
DS psion.jpg
DS halfling.jpg

toucanbuzz

No rule is inviolate
toucanbuzz updated Dark Sun 5E Campaign Guide & Monster Manual (link) with a new update entry:

Dark Sun 5E Campaign Guide v1.9 changes

After playtest, some revisions were necessary:

• Cleric: fixed typos relating to bonus spells elemental affinity
  • Ranger: moderate fixes as the ranger's default 1st level powers can largely render exploration and survival without challenge.
    • Favored terrains changed to match Dark Sun terrain
    • Favored enemies modified to remove celestials, dragon, and fey
    • Auto navigation modified to Advantage on check
    • Bypassing difficult terrain modified to ranger-only

Read the rest of this update entry...

aktaios

Villager
Hello,
I'm a big fan of Dark sun from 2e and I appreciate the work and play testing you have done for your project.
Could you please also release it as a printer friendly version (white backgrounds)?
I still print some pages on my printer for quick reference.
Thanks

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases