[Dark Sun] Marauders of the Dune Sea

rb780nm

First Post
"Travelling?" Eben asks. "Getting out of the city until the remaining templars have settled down a bit will probably be worth while, and Kalistus says she can find me as long as I stay in the general vicinity of the Cities," he told himself.

"Food, water and few ceep's for my time and I'm yours,"
he told the towering half giant.

Bluenose

Adventurer
Kasha makes her way over to the Artisan District, and asks directions for Karlen. She notices him in a small crowd, including that fascinating walking-statue-thing she saw earlier. Since they seem to be discussing a job, she waits for a break in the conversation. "Greetings. You seem to be trying to recruit for a dangerous job. I'm looking for work. I might not be the best warrior around, but I've got some pretty useful skills, though I say so myself."

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
"Good Good, we have a nice crew, if there are no others let us gather and discuss the job."

He waits a moment for any others to show up, then leads the group to a small open air tavern.

"As I said before my name is Karlen, I run a oddities shop here in Tyr, I collect all manner of treasures and my customers are gratiful for it. Naturally this means I must have a continual influx of such treasures. This is where you come in. I have recently come by knowledge of an ancient ruin in the wilderness. I have vague directions to the site, I need someone to locate the ruin, explore it and bring back things that I can sell in my shop. I'll pay your group 20% of whatever I can sell the items for. So do we have a deal?"

rb780nm

First Post
"A third part" Eben growls. "We don't risk our hides for less than a third part."

Unfortunately his growl catches in his throat as an unexpected wind blows dust into his face. The coughing and watering eyes seem to undermine the effect he is going for.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Garok

"Treasure? Ancient ruins? Sounds good. One more condition, if we find something we want to keep for ourselves, we keep it. But we won't sell anything to another merchant.... and and the third part thing. Deal?" Garok suggests, his voice and eyes mean.

[sblock=OOC]

No real intimidation here...

[sblock=Mini stat block]Garok
Perception: 12 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
Level: 2 XP: ?
AC 18 Fortitude 17 Reflex 14 Will 12
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 35 / 35 Bloodied: 17
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Surge Value:8 Surges per day: 12 / 12
At-Will Powers: Far Hearing, Battle Wrath, Berserker's Charge, Passing Forward
Encounter Powers: Incredible Toughness, Disrupting Shove, Power Strike
Daily Powers: -

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Omega turned its face towards each person in turn as they spoke; craggy obsidian and unblinking glowing eyes betraying nothing of what it was thinking, if indeed anything at all. The best one could say about it was that it seemed interested in the transaction taking place.

On the heels of Eben and Garok's counter-offers, it added in its hollow baritone, "The word 'item' is imprecise. Please specify. What do you sell? What can we keep? We need more information to make decision."

Nickriel

First Post
Belros

Belros sees a party form around the strange creature, some conversation, and then watches the party wander off. His initial disgust is turning to fascination. He decides to follow the party, but from a distance. He is about 40 yards back and not taking any steps to conceal himself.

Bluenose

Adventurer
"As my... slightly hasty colleague suggests, we couldn't possibly operate for just one fifth of the sale value. Why, there's expenses involved, the risk to our selves, and I'm sure you wouldn't want other merchants getting involved and having first pick of the items. A third is the least we would expect, and that's assuming you'd be making any necessary arrangements on our return to Tyr. Guards so often expect certain considerations before they're willing to allow unknown items into a city, and I dare say that hasn't changed much."

[sblock="OOC"]Slick Negotiator, encounter, trigger: you or an ally makes a Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate or Streetwise check and dislike the result, effect: if you are the target, you gain a +2 power bonus to the result, if an ally is the target they can reroll the check.
Diplomacy attempt,1d20+11 to persuade Karlen to consider increasing our share.
I'd have asked for half![/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
Darus watches as others attempt to negotiate a bigger share of the sale price. For someone recently freed from slavery, Darus is in no position to ask for more than what was offered; he is happy enough to be paid anything for his blood, sweat, and tears. No negotiator himself, however, Darus prefers to settle matters with his morningstar or psionic abilities. He sits quietly and awaits the settlement of this matter.

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Having found his own boredom overwhelming, Aisop watched the group forming with something almost approaching in interest. As they wander off to a tavern, he trails slowly behind them, noting at least one other doing the same. Shrugging to himself he passes by the halfling, nodding idle greetings and walks right up to the group, perching on a nearby barrel as he considers Karlen with his pale green eyes.

"Sorry I'm late, gentlemen. Unavoidable delays."

Remove ads