[Dark Sun] Marauders of the Dune Sea

Insight

Adventurer
"If we are to be traveling in the desert wastes," Darus says, "It will be most urgent to acquire rations, water, and other supplies. I'll be purchasing said supplies before we leave. I suggest the rest of you do likewise. I'm sure the merchants around this square have the necessary items."

OOC: Standard "survival day" is 5gp. Not sure if it would be any cheaper or more expensive in Tyr. Darus will purchase 4 "survival days" for 20gp.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"I do not eat," Omega let Darus know. "I do not drink. I will help carry supplies." It paused, then added, "I do not become lost. I can help navigate the desert."

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
OOC: Tyr despite the chaos it quite cosmopolitan, standard price for survival days 5GP each

"I'm afraid I do not have much more information to give you about the ruin, and my source, naturally wishes to remain private. As for dangers I would watch out for the standard raiders"

Your group leaves the tavern to buy supplies.

[sblock="Ya'tta, Kasha, Darius"]

As you leave the tavern you notice an elf that was sitting near your table got up and followed you out, but as soon as you hit the stalls to buy supplies he went on his own way and you lost him in the crowd.[/sblock]

rb780nm

First Post
Eben stops at a stall and purchases another 10 days worth of rations and water skins, which he stows about his person after handing over a fistful ceeps.

He turns to regard his new compainions. I do not know these people. I do not believe I know of their reputations either. I must be on my guard, they may have templar sympathies, he thinks to himself.

"Two weeks in the desert, sounds like almost a good idea give the unrest within the walls of Tyr right now," he says to the others. "If we move quickly, we can be out the gate this afternoon and travel in the cool of the dusk."

Walking Dad

First Post
Garok

After buying nearly the same items as Eben, Garok makes a suggestion:
"Is there a mekillot caravan passing near this ruins? We could take guard work to get an extra pay while traveling and ride in a wagon on this huge beasts."

[sblock=OOC]

10 Trail rations
1 tents
1 extra rope.

[sblock=Mini stat block]Garok
Perception: 12 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
Level: 2 XP: ?
AC 18 Fortitude 17 Reflex 14 Will 12
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 35 / 35 Bloodied: 17
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Surge Value:8 Surges per day: 12 / 12
At-Will Powers: Far Hearing, Battle Wrath, Berserker's Charge, Passing Forward
Encounter Powers: Incredible Toughness, Disrupting Shove, Power Strike
Daily Powers: -

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Nickriel

First Post
Belros follows behind some others that are visiting merchants. He waits for the crowd to clear, then asks the merchant what the people were buying.

Upon learning it was rations, he realizes he only has enough ceramic pieces for 5 days. If the others were buying for a week, I'll have to make do or find something along the way.

Belros buys 5 days worth of rations and goes back to following the group.

Walking Dad

First Post
Garok

Garok realizes that he lacks the money to buy all the things he wanted. Perhaps they really should try to make some money on the way. Wagon guards at least got something to drink and eat.

[sblock=OOC]
had only 9 cp left...

[sblock=Mini stat block]Garok
Perception: 12 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
Level: 2 XP: ?
AC 18 Fortitude 17 Reflex 14 Will 12
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 35 / 35 Bloodied: 17
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1