D&D 5E Darksun times of change[Oc]closed]

GreenKarl

First Post
Elf Ranger for me. Looking over the house rules there is no real change to elves but I was wondering if there is a difference between wood and high elves. I would prefer the wood as it gives me +5ft for movement and that sort of fits my idea of a fast runner (and first feat will be Mobility to get even more). Then Primal Ranger which I have the PDF from UA is fine with me...

texastoast

Explorer
I'll reroll my warlock/templar and drop 1s and 2s. It's been asked but I don't think answered: when rerolling 1s and 2s do we just reroll them once, or keep doing it ad infinitum until they are no longer 1 or 2?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using EN World mobile app

GreenKarl

First Post
My first run down for the character...

NAME:

Class: Ranger (Primal)
Background: Outlander – Tribal Nomad (Skills – Athletics, Survival; Tools - one type of musical instrument: flute; Languages – one of choice: ??; Basic Equipment; Wanderer – You have an excellent memory for maps and geography, and you can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.)
Race: Elf

STR 12 (+1/+3)
DEX 19 (+4/6)
CON 15 (+2)
INT 10 (+0)
WIS 17 (+3)
CHA 12 (+1)

Armor Class 15 (leather +dex)
Hit Points 12 (HD 1/1d10)
Proficiency Bonus +2
Proficiencies – Armor (Light, medium armor, shields), Weapons (simple weapons, martial weapons), Tools (Musical Instrument - Flute)
Saving Throws Strength, Dexterity
Skills Athletics (+3), Handle Animals (+3), Nature (+2), Perception (+5), Stealth (+6), Survival (+5)
Favored Enemy Monstrosities (+2 damage rolls with weapon attacks, advantage on Wisdom/Survival checks and Intelligence checks to recall information about them).
Natural Explorer grants the following – Ignore Difficult Terrain; Advantage with Initiative Rolls; On first turn of combat I have advantage on attack rolls against creatures who have not acted yet; when traveling an hour or more, grants the following benefits – Difficult terrain does not slow your group’s travel; Your group cannot become lost except by magical means; Even while engaged in another activities when traveling (foraging, tracking, etc.) you remain alert to danger; when you travel alone you can move stealthily at normal speed; When foraging you find twice as much food as normal; While tracking you also learn the exact number, size and how long ago your target has passed through the area.

Attacks Longbow +6 to hit, 1d8+4 piercing, Ammunition (range 150/600), heavy two handed
Short Sword +6 to hit, 1d6+4 piercing, finesse, light
Gear leather armor, two short swords, an explorer’ pack, longbow and quiver with 20 arrows, staff, hunter trap, trophy from an animal you killed, traveler’s cloths, a belt pouch containing 10gp

Personality Traits I am driven by wanderlust.
Ideal - Change. Life is like the seasons, in constant change, and we must change with it. (Chaotic)
Bond I suffer awful visions of a coming disaster and will do anything to prevent it.
Flaw Don’t expect me to save those who can’t save themselves. It is nature’s way that the strong thrive and the weak perish.

Azurewraith

Explorer
My first run down for the character...

NAME:

Class: Ranger (Primal)
Background: Outlander – Tribal Nomad (Skills – Athletics, Survival; Tools - one type of musical instrument: flute; Languages – one of choice: ??; Basic Equipment; Wanderer – You have an excellent memory for maps and geography, and you can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.)
Race: Elf

STR 12 (+1/+3)
DEX 19 (+4/6)
CON 15 (+2)
INT 10 (+0)
WIS 17 (+3)
CHA 12 (+1)

Armor Class 15 (leather +dex)
Hit Points 12 (HD 1/1d10)
Proficiency Bonus +2
Proficiencies – Armor (Light, medium armor, shields), Weapons (simple weapons, martial weapons), Tools (Musical Instrument - Flute)
Saving Throws Strength, Dexterity
Skills Athletics (+3), Handle Animals (+3), Nature (+2), Perception (+5), Stealth (+6), Survival (+5)
Favored Enemy Monstrosities (+2 damage rolls with weapon attacks, advantage on Wisdom/Survival checks and Intelligence checks to recall information about them).
Natural Explorer grants the following – Ignore Difficult Terrain; Advantage with Initiative Rolls; On first turn of combat I have advantage on attack rolls against creatures who have not acted yet; when traveling an hour or more, grants the following benefits – Difficult terrain does not slow your group’s travel; Your group cannot become lost except by magical means; Even while engaged in another activities when traveling (foraging, tracking, etc.) you remain alert to danger; when you travel alone you can move stealthily at normal speed; When foraging you find twice as much food as normal; While tracking you also learn the exact number, size and how long ago your target has passed through the area.

Attacks Longbow +6 to hit, 1d8+4 piercing, Ammunition (range 150/600), heavy two handed
Short Sword +6 to hit, 1d6+4 piercing, finesse, light
Gear leather armor, two short swords, an explorer’ pack, longbow and quiver with 20 arrows, staff, hunter trap, trophy from an animal you killed, traveler’s cloths, a belt pouch containing 10gp

Personality Traits I am driven by wanderlust.
Ideal - Change. Life is like the seasons, in constant change, and we must change with it. (Chaotic)
Bond I suffer awful visions of a coming disaster and will do anything to prevent it.
Flaw Don’t expect me to save those who can’t save themselves. It is nature’s way that the strong thrive and the weak perish.
You sir need a wild talent. Also don't expect the outlander feature to do much

texastoast

Explorer
Rolled Stats: 15, 15, 18, 17, 10, 15

No wonder this guy became a Templar!

Then again, rerolling like this means the lowest you can get is a 9, which with basic racial adjustments usually makes for 10+ in all stats. Dark Sun, where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the children are above average.

Link to updated character sheet. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5IRZhmVgOsjdk9hUkdRSmxkODA

[sblock]
Dice Roller v. 1.0.1
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollname=texastoast
ID Name Time Dice Results Notes
165474 Texastoast 2017-06-01 07:41:07 4d6.high(3)
4D6.HIGH(3) = [3, 2, 1, 1] = 6 => reroll 3 => 6, 6, 3 = 15
4D6.HIGH(3) = [2, 5, 6, 4] = 15 => reroll 1 => 3 = 15
4D6.HIGH(3) = [1, 6, 1, 2] = 9 => reroll 3 => 6, 6, 4 = 18
4D6.HIGH(3) = [6, 1, 5, 6] = 17 => reroll 1 => 4 = 17
4D6.HIGH(3) = [3, 2, 2, 3] = 8 => reroll 2 => 4, 3 = 10
4D6.HIGH(3) = [1, 6, 4, 3] = 13 => reroll 1 => 5 = 15
_
The above includes 11 1s or 2s. Below, in order, are the rerolls. The way I chose to reroll, the numbers that are produced stay with their slot. So a 3-6 goes into the slot of the 1 or 2 it was rerolled from. A 1 or 2 rerolled from a 1 or 2 above went into the spot of the 1 or 2 above and replaced it, to be rerolled again later.
165476 Texastoast 2017-06-01 07:42:14 1d6
1D6 = [2] = 2 => roll 1, reroll
1D6 = [2] = 2 => roll 1, reroll
1D6 = [6] = 6 => roll 1
1D6 = [3] = 3 => roll 2
1D6 = [2] = 2 => roll 3, reroll
1D6 = [6] = 6 => roll 3
1D6 = [1] = 1 => roll 3, reroll
1D6 = [2] = 2 => roll 4, reroll
1D6 = [1] = 1 => roll 5, reroll
1D6 = [2] = 2 => roll 5, reroll
1D6 = [5] = 5 => roll 6
_
The first rerolls include 7 1s or 2s. Below, in order, are the rerolls, following the pattern described above.
165477 Texastoast 2017-06-01 07:42:34 1d6
1D6 = [1] = 1 => roll 1, reroll
1D6 = [6] = 6 => roll 1
1D6 = [6] = 6 => roll 3
1D6 = [2] = 2 => roll 3, reroll
1D6 = [4] = 4 => roll 4
1D6 = [4] = 4 => roll 5
1D6 = [1] = 1 => roll 5, reroll
_
The second rerolls include 3 rerolls, as above. I miscounted initially, so I did them in two batches, below.
165478 Texastoast 2017-06-01 07:42:42 1d6
1D6 = [3] = 3 => roll 1
1D6 = [4] = 4 => roll 3
_ =
165485 Texastoast 2017-06-01 09:14:30 1d6
1D6 = [3] = 3 => roll 5
_
[/sblock]

Remove ads