DARP- The Dalish Curse

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Oratrang's words hit a cord with most of the crowd. And you watch as the people in the crowd start to mutter to each other. The blacksmith tries a retort but his words are lost in the fury that shows plainly in his face.

The crowd starts to disperse woth talk of boarding up houses and setting watches. The blacksmith has to be led away by the arm but he looks back at the dwarf and his eyes show his dislike for Oratrang.

Sister Arda sighs in relief and looks to the Falyrn and Ortrang. "Thank you," she says in a quiet voice. "I'm glad you were able to convince them that they have bigger problems and trials ahead. Come let's get inside and see about a place for you to rest tonight I fear the inn might not be a good place till Colan's temper is settled down."

[sblock=OOC] Going to advance the thread ahead and into the morning SUN nite if there is anything you wish to do or discuss before bedding down will give you the weekend to do it. [/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Sister Arda allows the three members of the group to bed down in the church, everyone believing the inn might not be safe for outsiders. Where Garret has gotten to is anyone's guess, but he doesn't return that evening so you decide to go look for him in the morning.

Sister Arda advices against it, and that you should all stay put and let her go out and see if the people of the villiage have calmed down a little first. She takes a description of Garret and sets out while the three of you have a cheerless breakfast of trail rations and water.

As you eat a soft feminine voice intrudes on your thoughts, "Please, some water please." It's the elf. She is awake.

[sblock=OOC] going to drag this out till I can find out what's up with Warshrike. [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Falos

"I will go with you to the girl. The elves here seem to be at a conflict with another race. Maybe my presence will calm her." Falos says and waits for the dwarf to get the water before moving to the girl..

[sblock=ooc]
Falos

Speed: 13
Defense: 11
Armor Rating: 0
Health: 25 / 25
Magic Points: 17 / 18

Arcane Lance: 16 yards - 3d6+4 - 1d6+4 damage

[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As they enter the young elf looks a little better than yesterday, having gained some color back to her face. She takes the water eagerly thanking the dwarf.

"Where am I and who are all of you?" she asks timidly.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Falryn the Veteran

Making his way into the room, Falryn hears the girl ask her question.

"Ugly as we may be, we're your rescuers, the veteran says with a grin. Any idea what happened back there?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Falos

"Very charming summary, Ortrang.
My name is Falos. You are from a free tribe, aren't you? What happened between your people and this village?"
Falos asks the elf girl.

[sblock=ooc]
Falos

[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The elf takes a few sips of water and then looking around says, "I'm back in the human villiage the same one that..."

Falos nods in understanding about the treatment of elves by humans.

She continues and you can tell by her face she is looking inward and can see the events she already lived through once, for a second time.

"As you may know, our band visited this villiage just two weeks ago, during their harvest festival. We were welcomed, then, but there was a bit of trouble: some of the locals had to much to drink, and there was a confrontation with some of our young men. Harsh words were exchanged, and Harralan, one of our hunters, attacked the big blacksmith. The villiage warden seperated them before it could get out of hand, but still the damag was done. We were no longer welcome here and we moved on as soon as the festival ended.

Harralan was angry at our treatment, but our elders assigned him duty of scouting as we made our way through the Brecilian Forest, to give him time to cool off. He was the firist to disappear - he simply didn't return from scouting one night.

Then other scouts and hunters began to go missing, as did the ones sent to look for them. The elders decided we should go back, but by then it was to late.

Three days after Harralan dissappeared, before we could reach the edge of the forest, they attacked our camp: darkspawn emerging from the trees in the dead of night. My people were taken. Those who fought were beaten or kiled. I was captured alongwith the rest, taken to an ancient ruin in a rift valley deep in the forest, off the trails. The master of the darkspawn is a creature, an abomination. He calls himself Mythallen, which in our tongue means "child of vengeance". I was brought before him, and this to his chambers. I managed to escape, taking the broken link of siver I found laid out as if on a shrine..."

She reaches down to were the link laid on her belt at one time and notices right away it is, "Missing? I lost it!" she wails tears forming at the corners of her eyes.

Walking Dad

First Post
Falos

"No need to cry. My friend picked it up. Can you tell us more? Where is this rift valley?" Falos soothes and asks the elf girl.

[sblock=ooc]
Falos

[/sblock]

Remove ads