• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Data Sets for d20 Software

Theocrat

First Post
Hi all-
I'm wondering if there is a database, site, or if some of you know where I can find data sets for eTools and / or Campaign Suite / CSx.
When CS first came out, I did lots of input including the LGG, KPG, and many others for it. Now that eTools is much better than first designed (from fluid) and now with 3.5, I'll be using it more. I already find its ability to create monster NPC's with classes. It's too hard doing it by hand and knowing that they'll get killed after a bit of fun combat.

So is has anybody added AEG, Mongoose, or other book datasets for eTools? I know there is a yahoo groups for CS, and some files for it, so I'm hoping there is for eTools.
I'd love to know and if needed, I've got plenty of webspace to have files hosted.

Thanks -

Mynex

First Post
Theocrat said:
Hi all-
I'm wondering if there is a database, site, or if some of you know where I can find data sets for eTools and / or Campaign Suite / CSx.
When CS first came out, I did lots of input including the LGG, KPG, and many others for it. Now that eTools is much better than first designed (from fluid) and now with 3.5, I'll be using it more. I already find its ability to create monster NPC's with classes. It's too hard doing it by hand and knowing that they'll get killed after a bit of fun combat.

So is has anybody added AEG, Mongoose, or other book datasets for eTools? I know there is a yahoo groups for CS, and some files for it, so I'm hoping there is for eTools.
I'd love to know and if needed, I've got plenty of webspace to have files hosted.

Thanks -

Just remember that as long as it is the OGL content and you include the OGL for a given book, you can host any files for any book you like (The OGL is really important on this, so make sure you include it in every file!!!).

Also make sure that any files you do host (if you do wind up hosting them that is) do not contain anything that is not clearly labeled as Open Game Content. If you do, you run the risk of the publisher coming down on you.

Just figured I'd toss that to you before you get rolling with the idea! Good luck with it if you do decide to go with it!

DMFTodd

DM's Familiar
Mynex said:
Just remember that as long as it is the OGL content and you include the OGL for a given book,

Or, you could post datasets with copyrighted information and claim it as Fair Use under Copyright Law. That's what PCGen did in the early days and, as far as I know, there were no big complaints from any publishers.

There's a discussion of it here.

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
It would be possible to parse the PCGen data files into "generic" XML that could then be transformed for whatever tool needs to use them. Something we had discussed in the interoperability thread (although that discussion focused on exchanging characters, I always have wanted a "neutral" XML representation of d20 data).

PCGen has permission from the publishers for these files, but "to be nice" the publishers (and the PCGen people) could be asked if it's ok.

Andargor

Remove ads