D&D 5E Dawn Take You All

Halivar

First Post
I'm sorely tempted to set my next campaign in a world with a vastly different length of day - either 1 hour, or 1000 hours.
In Asimov & Silverberg's Nightfall, a modern world with 6 suns and continual daylight has a total solar alignment every 300 years. Archaeologists find a dig site with burn marks at strata associated with these events, and struggle to survive the pandemonium that happens when night falls and civilization falls into chaos. They burn everything in sight to create daylight. The survivors of the new dawn struggle with PTSD and paranoia and all that good stuff. That would make a fun D&D game. Maybe a campaign set in 30 days of night, or somesuch.

In Asimov & Silverberg's Nightfall, a modern world with 6 suns and continual daylight has a total solar alignment every 300 years. Archaeologists find a dig site with burn marks at strata associated with these events, and struggle to survive the pandemonium that happens when night falls and civilization falls into chaos. They burn everything in sight to create daylight. The survivors of the new dawn struggle with PTSD and paranoia and all that good stuff. That would make a fun D&D game. Maybe a campaign set in 30 days of night, or somesuch.

This was the point I was about to bring up - what happens to recharging magic items on a world with two (or more) suns? One could say it would be dawn for the "main" sun, but there are cases where the stars in multiple star systems are very similar in size, so picking a "main" one may be problematical in such cases...

Remove ads