• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dawnforge: Heroes of Legend (IC Thread)

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
"Sasskasa." Kieran repeats the name and nods. As the lizardman turns to the others, the bard returns his attention to his fish, stopping long enough to nod and smile at the night elf and halfling should they offer polite greetings.

Ashy

First Post
Sasskasa snorts - a thin, raspy, hollow sound - and grumbles through nearly clenched teeth, "...fine...people...pafh!"

DarkMaster

First Post
Karl the small gnome enters the Inn with Otuh still sleeping on his shoulder. He look around, and introduce himself "Hi all, my name is Karl, I just got this parchement from a stranger Karl takes the parchemen and raise his arm as high as he can to make sure everybody can see it. If you look inside their is the insigna of the Inn. I decided to investigate the place. Karl carefully replaces the perchement in his belt and smiles to everyone. Any one here knows the meaning of it.... Oh before I forget if anyone is interested I teach history class and could do some translation for a very modest fee.

Karl pauses and waits for the other reactions, hoping someone can help him clarify the situation. Karl takes great cares not to look in the lizard man eyes, he doesn't trust wanna be intelligent lizards.

Ashy

First Post
Sasskasa hisses audibly, "Gnomessss...utterly worthlessss creaturesss. They don't even tassstesss good." The lizardman then whips out one of his daggers and begins picking his razor sharp teeth with its tip.

DarkMaster

First Post
Karl insulted by the lizard remark answers loudly but politely " Glad to hear that I won't end in your plate" He pauses and looks at the Lizard picking his teeth with his dagger in public. Shocked by the lizard lack of manner he adds."Well, you probably don't use a plate. If you want I could teach you how to behave properly in public, my good man he then add whispering to himself, taking great care for the lizard not to hear him.I doubt your intellect is high enough to understand those "complex" concepts

He turns towards the old halfling women keeping an eye on the lizard "May I join you madam"

Ashy

First Post
Sasskasa's eyes go wide at the gnome's words and a burbling hiss-growl erupts from his tooth-filled maw. In an instant, the lizardman is in front of the gnome, and again Sasskasa is bent at the middle so that his long body lies nearly flat from the waist up; his head level with the gnome's. As their eyes lock, the lizardman's long slender fingers grasp his dagger with such force that his knuckles turn pure white. Something stays Sasskasa's hand and while he does not plunge the dagger into the gnome's right eye, his hand is poised to do so.

The lizardman's fetid breath wafts over the gnome, and his gleaming, sharp teeth part. Four words issue forth from Sasskasa's mouth, each dripping with such venom and hatred that a passerby outside the Inn would likely get the shivers.

"Never. Call. Me. 'Man'."

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
"Glad to meet you. Mother Anja. Kyna." The bard takes a mouthful of fish off his plate. After swallowing, he turns to Karl. "Karl. May I make a suggestion? Don't provoke people you don't know by offering them ettiquette lessons." Kieran returns to his meal, chewing quietly. When he's finished, he takes out his lute and tunes it absentmindedly, occasionally picking strains from some Deluene folk songs to test his progress.

Ashy

First Post
As soon as the bard begins to play, the lizardman jerks his head in that direction. There is a new look on his features - one of complete surprise - and he forgets completely about the gnome, moving over to the lute. He stares at it intently. "What isssss it, humon?"

The interest and the ignorance is completely sincere; it is as if Sasskasa has never before seen such a thing...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads