• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dawnforge: Heroes of Legend (IC Thread)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Mother Anja's eyes flash with momentary awe and greed at the sight of the jacynth, and inwardly she begins to calculate the worth of such a gem.*

"Such a prize for so little a thing as listening to music..." she murmurs.

DarkMaster

First Post
Karl looks at the gem, but don't really get excited about it. He thinks to himself that such a gem could allow him to buy books and magical artifacts.

Karl, a bit frustrated by the men little secrets, is starting to get impatient. But being a gentlemen he try to hide it from the others. he tells himself "Hope this master Pheliben has something interesting to propose. Something that will bring me fame and glory, he can keep his jacynth or whatever ..." But his gnome heritage quickly returns "... Well ... Ok ... the jacynth would be a nice bonus".

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
"My what a pretty little thing" She says softly.

Why give something of such vaule for a semi-peaceful night? Or is there more to it, like incentive for something else? Kyna ponders quietly

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Kieran stops playing and frowns. A jacynth to let him finish his master work? A fair trade, but what does he want from us? Despite what you believe, father, I do remember some of MacAviehl's lessons -- and I don't think he'd pay us just to sit here if we would do it willingly and for free if we knew everything. A clever move on Pheliben's part, as I'm in no position to refuse.

Ashy

First Post
Sasskasa looks up from the bard to the newcommer and his eyes narrow dangerously. He listens as the man comes, dangles a useless rock in front of the group's eyes and then retreats from whence he came. The lizardman, furious, follows and begins banging on the door, bellowing. "Come back here, you worthlessss ssss-s-s-crap of man-flessssh! Ansssswerssss I wantssss! ANSSSSWERSSSS!"

Sephiroth no Miko

First Post
Momentarily startled, Sssakkariah automatically takes the parchment as it is shoved into her hand. By the time she recovers her wits to get a second look at the old man, he has disappeared. Exasperated, she starts to crumple the flyer, which was probably some sort of silly human advertisement, when something odd strikes her... a quick, sly glance around confirms her suspicions. No one else had been handed one of these. A cold trickle of unease begins to make itself felt in the pit of her stomach, particularly when she recalls the man's hands had been as smooth and unspotted by age. Trickery! her mind hisses. Though not especially skilled trickery, she amends, after a brief moment's thought.

Smoothing the parchment, she frowns slightly at the stylized dragon symbol. I've seen this somewhere before... oh yes, at that tavern... all the way on the other side of the city. Muttering an aborted curse, she wavers for a moment then starts heading towards The Jacynth Dragon. Might as well go have a look... perhaps it will lead me off this damp rock.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Mother Anja raises an eyebrow at the lizardman's outburst, and thumps her mug on the table loudly.*

"Sit down youngling!" she commands in the sharp, half-exasperated tone known universally to mothers. "Banging on a wooden door won't get you answers, and no harm has come to you from asking to sit here and listen to music. Calm down, have some supper, and leave the outbursts to the entertainers."

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Blast. I already have a mother. Kieran shakes his head and resumes playing his lute, picking out the opening strains of "Binbullbem" slowly.

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
He sure has a terrible temper. I do hope he does not turn her. Apparently we must tread carefully around him. Kyna thinks as she rolls her eyes and lets loose a long sigh.

DarkMaster

First Post
Karl winks at the "barbarian" behavior. Sometimes he wishes he was bit more like him. But his rigid education don't allow for such display of emotions. In any case, He doubts that this approach will help in shedding some light on the situation.

On that Karl takes another bite of fish. All the noise wakes Othu. It then land on the table near Karl's plate and starts eating out of it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads