• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dawnforge: Heroes of Legend (IC Thread)

Ashy

First Post
Sasskasa turns at the loud thumping and the voice of the halfling known as Anja. His eyes narrow muderously and heads for the old one with the smell of soon-to-be-spilled blood in his nostrils. It is only then that the lizardman notes the dulcet tones of the lute again; before he even knows it, Sasskasa is staring at the bard, having nearly forgotten about the halfling woman...

His tail lashes to and fro with the tempo of the music and his head sways slightly as the bard plays.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Anja resists the urge to give a motherly pat on the head to the lizardman, and turns to enjoy the music.*

The poor boy could probably use a few friendly pats, I don't think he's had many.

*Making up her mind in an instant, Anja wanders over to the lizardman and stands by his knee.*

"I didn't mean to prick your pride, just to get you not to bruise your fists. No harm intended. Forgive?" Anja asks, her arms open wide for a hug. Anja always sealed forgiveness with a hug, I remember that from the first day I met her... Zek whispers to himself mentally.

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Kieran hits a wrong note as she spreads her arms out for a hug. She's daft. Absolutely daft. He'll eat her alive. I'll be able to tell stories to women I meet about old Mother Anja, who was eaten by a lizardman. Recovering, he continues playing, hoping he can stem Sasskasa's anger.

Ashy

First Post
At the moment when Anja spreads her arms and speaks the word "forgive", the bard hits the discordant note, snapping Sasskasa from his dream-like lull. His eyes flare wide and he hisses, backing up from the halfling woman as if she was covered with barbs and dripping poison. "DO NOT DEFILE MY SSSCALES WITH YOUR CORRUPTING TOUCH, FOOLISSSH HALF-CREATURE!" The lizardman bears his teeth and you can see the scales around his neck and base of his skull stand like the hackles on a dog. "The only way I would touch your putrid flessssh isss if I ate you. I do not forgive, nor do I forget - those thingssss are for only the weak and foolissssh!"

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Kieran sighs as Sasskasa explodes at Mother Anja. That might be good advice for all of us. Of course, that does lead me to wonder what he would eat, should human not be available, as it really isn't right now. Or at least, I'm not intending it to be.

Sephiroth no Miko

First Post
After a lot of walking, Sssakkariah finally arrives in front of the Jacynth Dragon. She reads the little placard to the right of the door and looks back down at the wrinkled flyer still clutched in her hand. Is this the 'invitation'? I wonder why I was chosen then... I've never even heard of this Pheliben. Ah well, no sense standing here like an idiot. Checking to make sure her attire was neat and her hair in place, she squares her shoulder and lays a hand on the door latch, only to catch the sound of a lot of angry hissing coming from the other side of the door. Something about the defilement of scales and foolish half-creatures and putrid flesh. And ate. She thought she definitely heard the word 'ate' in there somewhere. She pauses again, somewhat taken aback.

That sounded... lizardman-like? Oh, bloody hell! The expression was one of those peculiar human ones, and rather irregular when translated into yuan-ti, but she thought it summed up her view of the current situation quite well. I hope I'm not walking into a barfight. The place looked a little upscale for such things and she hadn't heard any sound of furniture breaking but perhaps they just hadn't gotten to that bit yet. Mentally readying herself for trouble, she pushes the door open.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ashy said:
At the moment when Anja spreads her arms and speaks the word "forgive", the bard hits the discordant note, snapping Sasskasa from his dream-like lull. His eyes flare wide and he hisses, backing up from the halfling woman as if she was covered with barbs and dripping poison. "DO NOT DEFILE MY SSSCALES WITH YOUR CORRUPTING TOUCH, FOOLISSSH HALF-CREATURE!" The lizardman bears his teeth and you can see the scales around his neck and base of his skull stand like the hackles on a dog. "The only way I would touch your putrid flessssh isss if I ate you. I do not forgive, nor do I forget - those thingssss are for only the weak and foolissssh!"
"Oh hush now, you big lug! I'm not going to hurt you, and a little bit of forgiveness or a hug will not diminish you, I'm certain of it! Besides, why does a big, strong, toothsome lizardman like you have to threaten a little old halfling lady? You're not scared of me, are you? I assure you, unlike you, I don't bite," Anja says with patient, motherly logic, a smile on her face. I remember Anja saying this before... but I really hope he doesn't bite my head off... Zek thinks worridly.

DarkMaster

First Post
Karl can't beleive it. He stands on "Who do you think you are. You have big muscle but that's about it, you make a lot of noise but achieve nothing, you actually worsen the situation. Now this friendly lady offer you to make peace and you insult her. Now if you don't shut up!!! Karl pauses for a moment looking at the lizard with extremely determined eyes and add in a very menacing tone I will make sure you will... The Lizard man went too far and Karl just blown.

Karl hopes the other will join him in calming down the crazy lizard. If the animal tries to attack him he will cast Charm person hoping that his weak mind will easily succomb to the power of the spell and let us have a normal and friendly conversation.

OoC I know that mechanically there are no rules to affect other PC but Karl has 18 Cha and +6 in diplomacy.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads