• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dawnforge - The True Kings

unleashed

First Post
Haedyn, Male Lowlander Spirit Adept

“Well, I would relish being the thunder as well, my friend, as it’s what I do best, but I cannot be in two places at once,” Haedyn interjects unexpectedly, a smile creeping briefly onto his face.

doghead

thotd
"Both Raynard or Haedyn would be fine, although Raynard may have to abandon his shield for a while*. It rather stands out. I think its vital we keep a link between the two groups, and Raynard seem to be the one who can do that."

Hiitar turns to Raynard.

"Would it matter which party you were in? I assume you could manage the link from either end."

Hiitar returns his attention to the King.

"Your Majesty. There is one more thing. After some thought, I have decided that trying to use forged orders to have Davekis released into my custody is too risky. There are too many ways its could go wrong. I think the best approach is to claim a blood feud between my family and Davekis's. I will say I have heard that Davekis has been captured, I have come to glory in his fall. Tieflings are, I regret to say, somewhat prone to gloating.

"They are also prone to greed. A request such as mine would normally be accompanied by a 'consideration'. I have a enchanted ring I could offer. But sometihng more ... flashy would, I believe, be more persuasive. At the very least, an ornamental box to present my ring in would be most helpful.

- ooc -
RA: I seem to recall your shield had some sort of holy symbol on it. If its just a shiny shield, it wouldn't matter of course.

Isida: I have made a couple of assumptions here regarding the likelyhood of being able to forge orders and Dominion culture. Let me know if I got it wrong anywhere and I can edit the post.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: It has a symbol of House Liore on it)

"Would it matter which party you were in? I assume you could manage the link from either end."

"I could keep the link open from either team, but my talents are better used with the infiltrators, as Alharra sees fit to grant me the power to open men's hearts to the words of myself and my allies. The only reason I hadn't suggested this originally is that I thought you were going to sneak inside, and that I cannot do."

Raynard may have to abandon his shield for a while

*Raynard looks visibly upset, but he nods grudgingly.*

"This shield is a symbol of my devotion to the cause of justice, but I could leave it in my magic satchel, if His Majesty could provide another without the insignia. Even if the insignia could be removed from this one, I'm afraid I won't stand for that."

doghead

thotd
Hiitar Vain, male Tiefling Soldier

Rystil Arden said:
*Raynard looks visibly upset, but he nods grudgingly.*

"This shield is a symbol of my devotion to the cause of justice, but I could leave it in my magic satchel, if His Majesty could provide another without the insignia. Even if the insignia could be removed from this one, I'm afraid I won't stand for that."

Hiitar opens his mouth to say something, then thinks better of it. Instead he just nods.

"I think any more than three in Rain would be too many. However two will be fine I think. If things go bad, its not really going to make a difference how many we have."

Hiitar glances over at Jullian, then Haedyn. The elf has been playing her cards very close to the chest. Its a fine chest however, so Hiitar is pretty sure her cards don't mind. The Tiefling grins to himself. Then he shakes his head and drags his thoughts back to the matter at hand.

Starman

Adventurer
doghead said:
"I think any more than three in Rain would be too many. However two will be fine I think. If things go bad, its not really going to make a difference how many we have."

Galan continues to play with the rings on his fingers. "I think four would be much better. It gives you twice as many options. If Darvekis is tied up or incapacitated when you get to him, two may need to carry him. The others can be part of your retinue if you go with your story of a blood feud," he says.

doghead

thotd
Hiitar listens to Galan's suggestion.

"Perhaps. My feeling was that too many might spook them. But equally, a larger retinue may make the party more believable. It would certainly give Rain more clout. Although I think if we are rumbled, the game will be up. Its is hard to know. I will go with whatever is decided."

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Galan's not a human :p)

*Raynard's face shows an inscrutable mix of emotions at some of Hiitar's words, around 'three in Rain would be too many' and especially 'It would certainly give Rain more clout'. He bows his head slightly and looks expectantly at the others to see what their further plans will be.*

unleashed

First Post
Haedyn, Male Lowlander Spirit Adept

*Deep in thought as the others converse, almost appearing to be asleep at times, Haedyn’s head tilts towards Galan as he offers his thoughts on the blood feud scheme...his eyes opening as Hiitar finishes speaking.*

“Yes, a larger retinue will lend credence to your claim of blood feud, especially against such a powerful foe, Hiitar. Perhaps a few bags of Valhedrin gold would be more useful too, for the consideration you mentioned, rather than your magical ring...”

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads