• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dawnforge - The True Kings

doghead

thotd
Hiitar Vain, male Teifling Soldier.

unleashed said:
“Yes, a larger retinue will lend credence to your claim of blood feud, especially against such a powerful foe, Hiitar. Perhaps a few bags of Valhedrin gold would be more useful too, for the consideration you mentioned, rather than your magical ring...”

"I thought about that, but a hundred, two hundred gold pieces. Pah. I would be insulted. A thousand. It sounds better. Two thousand then. Now we are talking. But do you really want to carry around 40 pounds of gold?

"But you make a good point. We should be sure that any gold we carry is mostly Valhedrin."

unleashed

First Post
Haedyn, Male Lowlander Spirit Adept

“Forty pounds of gold is a trifling burden, my friend,” Haedyn chuckles, “I’ll just need something to carry it in...”

doghead

thotd
Hiitar Vain,, male teifling Soldier

Hiitar breaks into a grin, then open laughter. Perhaps its just nerves, but Hiitar found the image of Haedyn swinging along with 40 lbs. of gold in a sack swung over his shoulder inexplicably funny.

Ferrix

Explorer
"You forget the amazing power the very color and shine of gold holds over people, while baubles are nice, the sound of heavy gold coins clinking in a pouch turn more ears. Plus, we may need to lay it about a bit and a single bauble is only useful once." The light-skinned saltblood says.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
The king strokes his chin at the request for a suitable bribe, and murmurs for a moment to one of his court. "I believe we can offer a combination of jewelry and coin that will look sufficiently impressive for a bribe. Now, as I understand your plan, you of the Rain will go in first and attempt to get to Darvekis on the strength that Hiitar has a blood feud with him and wants to gloat before his is killed. After a suitable interval, those of the Thunder, along with General Gareth's legions, will provide a loud and flashy distraction so you may get him out. Then you intend to meet in the highlands to the north, correct?"

Ferrix

Explorer
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
The king strokes his chin at the request for a suitable bribe, and murmurs for a moment to one of his court. "I believe we can offer a combination of jewelry and coin that will look sufficiently impressive for a bribe. Now, as I understand your plan, you of the Rain will go in first and attempt to get to Darvekis on the strength that Hiitar has a blood feud with him and wants to gloat before his is killed. After a suitable interval, those of the Thunder, along with General Gareth's legions, will provide a loud and flashy distraction so you may get him out. Then you intend to meet in the highlands to the north, correct?"

"I could almost not have planned it better myself." Ebony smiles convincingly.

doghead

thotd
Hiitar Vain, male Teifling Soldier

Hiitar bows slightly to the king.

"Yes, Your Majesty. Wind will either get Davekis out, or Thunder will get Wind out, should Wind be blocked from doing so.

"One last question; how well has news of Darvekis's capture been disseminated through the Dominion? Do we know?"

Starman

Adventurer
Galan nods as the king speaks. He finds himself becoming anxious. I want a chance to speak with this Darvekis and learn from him, perhaps even trade some spells. The dawn elf sighs. I must be patient. I have many years to learn what I need to and put an end to the war.

G

Guest 11456

Jillian, female wood elf rogue

Jillian had listened to the further explanation of the towers. She processed the information and weighed her options. She heard the others' plans and considered what part she would play. Then, after everyone was done, she spoke up. "I could easily help either group. I could help the 'Rain' with my stealth or I could help the ‘Thunder’ with my bow. With either group my eyes and ears would be an asset as well. But the ‘Rain’ seems to have plenty, so perhaps the ‘Thunder’ would be better served by my bow." Then she falls silent once more in careful contemplation.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads