• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DDI - Dungeon and Dragon subscription - a few questions

Wavestone

Explorer
Pardon me if there is a thread for this already, didnt find anything that fit well.

I have a few questions, and havent found anything about this yet - the sudden flood of 4e discusssion is a bit overwhelming.

I gather that you are going to be able to subscribe to the magazines through DDI.. and that DDI content probably are updated more or less daily, but bundled into the magazines on a monthly basis?

Or is it more like that some content = Dragon, other content like expanded content for rpg books - you have to purchase separately, likely by buying the book and use some code in it to unlock it?

One of the bigger questions I have, deals with the subscription model.. I can see the probable situation that I subscribe, and from then I get the "issues" of for example Dragon for the time period in question..

But! What happens if I (likely) waffle on subscribing, and do it at a later date, say a year later. Now I would get the coming content - but how to deal with the fact that there would be a years worth of dragon issues I never subbed to? Will it be possible to buy out of date "issues" of dragon online, and how will that be dealt with? Most likely, but has there been any official word on this?

One thing that might be interesting in a couple of years time is that you can always buy an older online "issue"?

Might it be possible to buy even smaller chunks of information, like just one article, even if you dont subscribe?

If there already is a thread that answers these questions, feel free to post a link!

Thanks in advance

Remove ads