DDI Group Penetration

MadLordOfMilk

First Post
For those of you running regular 4E games (weekly-ish for months on end), how many people in the group have DDI subscriptions?
3 of 8

How many of those people spend time behind the DM screen for the group?

How many are players only?

How many also keep up with the books in addition to the DDI?

How many are books-only gamers?

How many are DDI-only gamers?

How many keep up their subscription constantly?

How many spot-subscribe (periodically just for updates)?

How many subscribed but no longer do, preferring to either use someone else's subscription or simply what they have from their previous downloads?

Obryn

Hero
It is a thread for collecting data. I have no hypothesis and would appreciate it if you would either add data or leave any theorizing in other threads where it will not influence the data being collected here. I would prefer this thread not be derailed by such posting. Thank you in advance.
Eh? I did - back on page one. I'm suggesting, since you don't exactly have a reputation for neutrality on 4e-related issues, that you might get more buy-in for your survey if 4e players knew why you cared enough to collect this data. I'm not trying to de-rail the conversation.

-O

Pour

First Post
For those of you running regular 4E games (weekly-ish for months on end), how many people in the group have DDI subscriptions?

Well I have 7 players, but 3 also DM their own games.

How many subscribed but no longer do, preferring to either use someone else's subscription or simply what they have from their previous downloads?
0, though I do offer my non-subscriber players options from my DDI

Last edited:

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I'm suggesting, since you don't exactly have a reputation for neutrality on 4e-related issues, (. . .)

No one does but since I sometimes play 4E along with dozens of other RPGs that certainly increases my nearness to neutrality.

(. . .) that you might get more buy-in for your survey if 4e players knew why you cared enough to collect this data.

I am not looking for a "buy-in" just data. My admonishment against derailing this thread was for you and others. Your data is in the thread. If you have more to say on it, please start a new thread and stop trying to derail this one.

I'm not trying to de-rail the conversation.

Of course you are, transparently, so knock it off. Thank you.

Mark

Well there's gotta be more 4E players on these boards that do more than lurk that can answer these questions. I hope a few bad apples didin't manage to derail this thread entriely.

MrMyth

First Post
Not positive on all the answers, but here is what I believe are the numbers.

Of my weekly group, I believe all 7 have DDI - at the very least 6 of the group do.

2 regularly, 1 occasionally, and 1 other who used to, but hasn't in some time.

3-4.

Pretty much everyone - 4 or 5 who buy the bulk of what is offered, with the other 2-3 probably buying books of specific interest to them or their characters.

None. We have our books and use them at the table, and 1 player still has a hand-written character sheet, but pretty much everyone uses DDI as a resource.

None. Most use the character builder and other aspects, and probably half of us read the online magazines, but we use the books as well.

I believe all the subscribers have it on regular renewal.

None, I believe.

I don't believe any. It is possible one player might no longer have a subscription or mainly uses someone else's, but not certain.

physicscarp

Explorer
4 of 7
for 4E, 1 so far
To my knowledge, 4

MacMathan

Explorer

5 of 7

5 of 7

Of those with DDI 4 of the 5

0 they all use the Char Gen. 2 don't have there own subscription currently

Nonw- we all love books too.

4 of the 5

DDI is pretty popular with our DMs

edit- hmmm... my responses got caught in the quote box not sure how to fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark

Any more? I'm not sure there is enough data here to warrant any conclusions or suggest any trends. There must be more EN World DDI users, yes? There are at least a few more in threads regarding the DDI that I have seen.

MrMyth

First Post
Any more? I'm not sure there is enough data here to warrant any conclusions or suggest any trends. There must be more EN World DDI users, yes? There are at least a few more in threads regarding the DDI that I have seen.

Sure, but keep in mind that this trend isn't just about personal DDI use, but about how much the rest of their group uses it - I imagine there could be a lot of people who just don't know how many other players use it or have active subscriptions or so forth.

Remove ads