• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DDI subscriptions go live tomorrow!

Kwalish Kid

Explorer
The monster builder is great. Does the basic calcs, you can go back to previous stages in the process without losing information, allows one to fill out all the elements of the monster layout, then you get to print to an html file.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
Monster Builder, eh? Has anyone played around with that yet? Sounds interesting, but I'm probably going to hold out until payday (Friday) before subscribing.

I could access it yesterday, but beside in the basic screen no control worked at all. I just wonder wether this has been an Opera problem or was due to the fact that it was before the subscription thing started.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
I was going to give them sixty bucks for the year subscription but wanted to use paypal. Couldn't find any way to do. Looks like credit card is the only payment method they're accepting. I thought paypal was going to be one of the options.

Didn't I read that somewhere or was it my imagination?

Maybe in a few weeks if there are no problems with security...

According to DDI#11 PyPal should be available in the near future. Do I smell another instance of carefree announcing here? :yawn:

Pinotage

Explorer
This is the Dragon/Dungeon only subscription ($5-$8 per month, depending on how long you commit for). Well, almost, it also includes the D&D Compendium and web bonus tools. The software-based subscription, when they get that up and running, will cost more.

Ah, OK. That makes sense. Thanks.

That One Guy

First Post
4. Will the web-only subscription package remain an option after the full package becomes available?
We haven’t decided the details of future pricing and packages yet. The one guarantee that we’re making at this stage is that we will honor the full term you sign up for now. If you buy 12 months of web content at $4.95 per month then you will get 12 months of web content at $4.95 per month, no matter what we decide to do with our pricing in the future.
News of today. I'm... slightly more interested in throwing down the cash just for that whole 'we might be charging people more in the future... not sure, yet' sound of things. I'm hoping people will give reviews of the pay only content. If they sound good... it might end up becoming worth it to me.

That statement make anyone else slightly more willing to make the investment?

Vanuslux

Explorer
That statement make anyone else slightly more willing to make the investment?

No...it just annoys me with the implication that there was any way they could get away with charging people who paid $60 for a year of DDI more when they raise the price in the first place. If someone pays $60 for a year of something, then they are obligated to give them that year...they can't just say "We've decided to raise our prices, so if you want the rest of your year you're going to have to give us more money.". They're acting like they're doing their customers a favor by promising to honor their obligation to deliver what they paid for.

I really like 4E and I have every intention of getting a DDI subscription, but half the time Wizards opens their mouths these days it just irritates me.

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
They're acting like they're doing their customers a favor by promising to honor their obligation to deliver what they paid for.

I think that if they didn't say that, a "WotC will hike the price and you'll have to pay"-rumour would soon emerge.

I read it as "we're saying this so that no one goes around starting silly rumours", and as such I don't find that statement irritating in the least.

/M

catsclaw227

First Post
I am pretty sure that when they say that the prices are undetermined, they are talking about the expanded subscriptions. i.e. if you want all the other tools, you will have to upgrade your subscription. I don't think that the base product will change in price.

Now, maybe they will alter what the different "tiers" of the subscription model will offer, but if you buy now, you won't lose any functionality if they decide to make a Dungeon/Dragon only sub without the current tools.

Remove ads