D&D 4E DDXP 4E Rules Appendix

ShinRyuuBR

First Post
Stabilizing is one use of the Heal skill, and another use might be (I'm extrapolating here) to activate a Healing Surge beyond any Second Wind used. Nevertheless, it is clear that the stabilized character does not have to make more death saving throws and if not damaged any further, will wake up with full HP after 6 hours. I don't see any problem there: you should have a leader or healing potions to heal him sooner or you only have yourself to blame. :)

breschau

First Post
Teemu said:
Is the "one extended rest per day" a new thing we didn't know about?

That's new to me. And I think it's great. I was worried about "daily" spells being 3-4 times per day. Start fresh, fight one encounter (blowing all your spells), extended rest; lather, rinse, repeat.

breschau

First Post
ShinRyuuBR said:
Stabilizing is one use of the Heal skill, and another use might be (I'm extrapolating here) to activate a Healing Surge beyond any Second Wind used. Nevertheless, it is clear that the stabilized character does not have to make more death saving throws and if not damaged any further, will wake up with full HP after 6 hours. I don't see any problem there: you should have a leader or healing potions to heal him sooner or you only have yourself to blame. :)

As the text separates first aid from stabilizing a dying character, you're likely correct.

pukunui

Legend
Hey, thanks for posting this. Good stuff.

The bit that intrigues me is where it says that "other combatants can take free actions on your turn". No more telling players they can't talk because it's not their turn? ;)

EDIT: I also find it intriguing that Endurance is now a skill.

Last edited:

eleran

First Post
I realize I am only barely computer literate, but I cannot get those big enough to read. No matter what I use to open them they are teeny tiny. Any suggestions?

eleran

First Post
Cactot said:
what browser do you use? i open them in a new window in firefox and they look fine

I am using firefox also and when I open them in a new window they are REALLY tiny, same size they are pictured on the forum actually.

nevermind, I was opening them in a new tab, not new window. New window does the trick Thanx.

Remove ads